• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football Center... It's real!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

Because 40,000,000 < 280,000,000.

You get the IPF and it turns to be a sleek and successful fundraiser/expedition for the program, that's proof that it can be done and lead to bigger fish. 

Let Harlan and Co. build up a 40M facility as a test or proof they can make it happen, then when they turn to the donors for deeper pockets they can say "look at what we've done, this is our next goal" 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Breedwell said:

You get the IPF and it turns to be a sleek and successful fundraiser/expedition for the program, that's proof that it can be done and lead to bigger fish. 

Let Harlan and Co. build up a 40M facility as a test or proof they can make it happen, then when they turn to the donors for deeper pockets they can say "look at what we've done, this is our next goal" 

I get the idea of stepping stones. That's why I posted that 40mil is less than 280mil and therefore easier to raise. :GoBulls:

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

There will be a fund set up for specific gift to the Football Center.

If anyone has any questions, or interest in giving to the Football Center, then please feel free to let me know.

Awesome, I will be absolutely donating to this. 

Side note: I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller (because I wont be able to give that much).

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I get the idea of stepping stones. That's why I posted that 40mil is less than 280mil and therefore easier to raise. :GoBulls:

Oh I was in agreement with you. Quoted your comment for reference. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Breedwell said:

Oh I was in agreement with you. Quoted your comment for reference. 

Ah gotcha.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Published: November 9, 2017

Three quick takeaways from USF's announcement of a planned $40 million football-exclusive complex:

1. Though the project is contingent on private and corporate support, this will get done. Maybe USF doesn't have all the money in place yet, but it doesn't throw out all these lavish renderings of the facility for public consumption if there's the slightest risk of not being able to pull it off. Common sense says the school already has a few financial pledges secured.

2. Make no mistake, this is a far greater priority than an on-campus stadium, because it's a far more viable recruiting tool. USF has been lagging behind in college football's never-ending amenities race, with little to show recruits (outside the Selmon Center and the practice fields) when they make campus visits. When the Football Center's completed, the Bulls can entertain prospects in the players' lounge or social patio, woo them with a 12,000-square-foot strength-and-conditioning area, and tour them around a 10,000-square-foot locker room. This type of 21st-century swag is vital if you want to land a four- or five-star recruit. And even if an on-campus stadium's never built, USF still can sell kids on playing home games in an NFL facility.

3. Speaking of on-campus stadiums, Thursday's news was different from the press conference in August revealing the "conceptual planning study" for a stadium. That study was very preliminary in nature, focusing on possible stadium sites if one ever is constructed. Calvin Williams, the school's vice president for administrative services, even said that day a stadium is 5-7 years down the road if they had all the financing in place. By contrast, Thursday's news release seemed much more front-burner in tone.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/2017/11/09/usf-football-center-3-quick-takes/

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Once the fund name is approved by the Foundation I will let you know

If you could do the same for me I would greatly appreciate it. This has been on the top of my USF Athletics Wish List for quite some time. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

What happens to the football lockers we bought at the Selmon building?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

On 11/2/2017 at 6:52 PM, Triple B said:

That's cracker jack reporting right there ... either it's paid for or it's not.

It's correct reporting...

It's not paid