• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watching UCiF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

50 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

UCF's offense is predicated on big plays from one of two things, Killings getting the edge and Big plays in the passing game.  USF has successfully controlled the LOS on defense all season.  USF has one of the best pass rushes in the nation (tied for 11th in sacks nationally and tied for #2 in TFL) and the 11th ranked rush defense in the country.   The non statistical X-Factors to go with these stats are that USF will be the most athletic defense UCF has faced all season.  Killings will have fare more trouble getting the edge because of this.  Then you have Milton which still has a tendency to make VERY bad decisions when he's pressured and USF will certainly do that as they have all season.  Then when he makes those ill advised throws USF's secondary is very opportunistic (2nd in the country in INTs).  

Then you have the USF offense which is based on controlling 33rd nationally and is based on running the football. USF is top 10 nationally in rushing offense while UCF is 41st in Rushing defense.   This is also key that it can allow USF to shorten the game and keep UCFs offense off of the field.  

Then you have Flowers.  The coaches showed some willingness to let him do his thing last week and UCF looked vulnerable to an athletic QB and QB's don't get much more athletic than Flowers.   

I think this game looks similar to USF Vs Temple last season with USF playing the roll of temple.  We'll have the athletes and scheme to limit the big plays and an offense that will basically be a second defense by grinding out drives and making big plays when necessary.  We also have the athletes on defense to make UCF pay for mistakes that other defenses haven't had.  I think this ends up being something like 38-31 USF.  

That is  a LOT of confidence. We shall see!

QF is all world athletic, bit I think the opposing athletes  he will face, will be his toughest test of the season.  Good luck.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Gonna be QF show all day....hit Milton then do it again and again...try to control Killins...go after UCFs nickel back and the slow lb with play action and tight ends...pound the ball and get to their second string interior dlinemen....game on

Nice plan. 8 teams have had one. Slow LB's, that's a good one.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

That is  a LOT of confidence. We shall see!

QF is all world athletic, bit I think the opposing athletes  he will face, will be his toughest test of the season.  Good luck.

It's going to to be a **** good game. I just think we're more built to beat UCF than UCF is to beat us. That's the edge and why we win on the road. 

9 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's going to to be a **** good game. I just think we're more built to beat UCF than UCF is to beat us. That's the edge and why we win on the road. 

At this point of the season, I'm not sure how good either team is. Both teams have beat up on mostly chumps, which is what they are supposed to do, but neither team has  a signature win IMO.  Being ranked high in these area's means much less when almost every team we have played, has a losing record.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

On 11/5/2017 at 1:18 PM, ambienknights said:

If Memphis didn't throw to UCF defenders

If SMU didn't drop passes

seeing a trend here. living rent free in your heads.:lmao: Ferguson is more scary to UCF fans than regressed Flowers

It won't be as funny as "if McKenzie Milton hadn't just thrown 4 INTs after Senat and Hector and the defense pressured him all day long". Remember, you are UCiF! The "if" excuse was invented by you tinheads. 

2 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

At this point of the season, I'm not sure how good either team is. Both teams have beat up on mostly chumps, which is what they are supposed to do, but neither team has  a signature win IMO.  Being ranked high in these area's means much less when almost every team we have played, has a losing record.

I agree but we can only evaluate what both teams have done to this point.  Because both teams will be the best team each other has faced it wouldn't surprise me for this game to be unusually low scoring for both teams. Something like 21-24 or 20-27 etc.  

29 minutes ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

Defensive Running stats are tricky simply because Navy was in the mix with UCF.

USF pass rush is going to test the open field tackling of the USF DB's.   I suspect if pass rush happens, passing BIG PLAYS are affected but Killings and Anderson are actually going between tackles as well for chunk plays -- getting to second level after 3, 4, 5 plays of no gain....bam (chunk).  So staying disciplined will be important.    

All in all, I think Defensive FRONT for both teams will likely win or lose this game.  Can one control the others rushing attack because running sets up the pass regardless.

In regards to offense, if Charlie bottles QF up like he has done all year sans UCONN then he is less of a factor.  But if he lets him loose like UCONN that is the one factor that makes this offense SUPER dangerous.   The THREAT of QF is enough to make a LB second guess himself.

Cant wait until 11/24!

Not really, we're also among the nations leaders in tackles for loss.   I think the biggest thing is our defense is very strong up the middle in the front 7 with Senat, Hector, Bronson, and Kegler/Pinkney all showing consistently the ability to be very disruptive in the middle and Sanchez and Sawtelle being very good at playing down hill.  This also spreads to the pass rush as we get great push up the middle and is very disruptive as it causes QB's to have to move (often into DE's and blitzers) and take extra time to reset their feet.  Just because you rush the passer doesn't mean you play undisciplined upfront, especially when you get great push up the middle like we do.....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Such a disappointment seeing that many empty seats 

FWIW, it does appear to be raining...