• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watching UCiF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I would guess a 25k crowd at its zenith. It did rain a lot pre game, then just alternated all the first half, then baked us all for most of the second half. Florida weather. I bought a windbreaker for the first half, and sat on in the second half.

Thank you to all Veterans. If any of you are Vets, my heartfelt thanks.

Edited by footnfan1
  • Upvote 1

Joey later said

Joey Knight @TBTimes_Bulls
FollowFollow @TBTimes_Bulls
More

Joey Knight Retweeted Deuce

Only thing "fake" here: It was taken 9 minutes -- not 10 -- prior to announced kickoff time. Yes, stadium filled up considerably more after kickoff and I should've snapped a photo at that time too. My bad. Announced attendance: 29,384.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

On 11/6/2017 at 7:51 PM, footnfan1 said:

Nice plan. 8 teams have had one. Slow LB's, that's a good one.

Foot, you're a great guy and UCF is a pretty good team, but UCF has yet to play a team with a defense and SMU's athletes certainly had no trouble moving the ball against the Knights. I will credit UCF for getting a turnover to stop an SMU scoring opportunity and frankly Proche should have caught that ball-but he didn't so that's that. USF just doesn't turn the ball over and that's been a thing all year. I'm extremely curious to see what the result is going to be in Philadelphia. Temple is "meh" offensively, even with Nutile's emergence, but that defense has just been playing better and better.

Besides, USF when it has something to prove is scary-we saw it with the way they just absolutely demolished Temple. No one is picking USF in this game aside from the fans and the players like it that way. You've gotten everyone's best effort-imagine what the best effort of a top 20 defense is going to be? 

Of course, you have a better offensive coordinator than we do plus home field advantage. If we can control his more predictable tendencies and see more of the offense we saw against UConn, this will finally start moving somewhere. 

Just had @uf and @UCF presidents in same room. When I asked Fuchs if he was stealing Coach Frost from UCF, Hitt interjected, "We know where you live and we'll kill your dogs." @GatorsFB

3 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Foot, you're a great guy and UCF is a pretty good team, but UCF has yet to play a team with a defense and SMU's athletes certainly had no trouble moving the ball against the Knights. I will credit UCF for getting a turnover to stop an SMU scoring opportunity and frankly Proche should have caught that ball-but he didn't so that's that. USF just doesn't turn the ball over and that's been a thing all year. I'm extremely curious to see what the result is going to be in Philadelphia. Temple is "meh" offensively, even with Nutile's emergence, but that defense has just been playing better and better.

Besides, USF when it has something to prove is scary-we saw it with the way they just absolutely demolished Temple. No one is picking USF in this game aside from the fans and the players like it that way. You've gotten everyone's best effort-imagine what the best effort of a top 20 defense is going to be? 

Of course, you have a better offensive coordinator than we do plus home field advantage. If we can control his more predictable tendencies and see more of the offense we saw against UConn, this will finally start moving somewhere. 

That was just one comment, primarily aimed at the slow LB comment. 

I have also said, I would probably put my money on USF and that UCF has yet to play a good team.

Not to nitpick, the  UCONN O scored 49 points. Maybe you meant more predictable, if so, you are a better judge.

Both teams need to win one more to make it the best of the series, in my opinion.

It will be a great game to be sure. This is the conference championship  IMO, not the following weekend.

Edited by footnfan1

Added info, in USF's favor.

Scoring D, USF #23, UCF #29. Scoring  D is the real metric IMO.

The  one thing I  don't is how often late in games the #1's play for USF. For UCF, they have given up many late game clean up time scores.

Scoring offense, in UCF's favor, but like you said, no real D oriented opponents for UCF.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

I have also said, I would probably put my money on USF and that UCF has yet to play a good team.

Not to nitpick, the  UCONN O scored 49 points. Maybe you meant more predictable, if so, you are a better judge.

Both teams need to win one more to make it the best of the series, in my opinion.

It will be a great game to be sure. This is the conference championship  IMO, not the following weekend.

That would be the “ski” lb that smu torched for a long td

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

Well, the UCF O sure scored 49 points. UConn scored 24, and 7 of that was in garbage time. 

And it's unfair to say that UCF has played nobody (yes, this is a USF fan defending your team). You won two road games against the AAC west and boat raced Memphis at home. 

I honestly want USF to win this game, it means too much. It's the first relevant game in a long time. Here's the issue-UCF wins this year, they win the conference championship, then they win a NY6 bowl, next year UCF is ranked in the top 15 going into the season. USF will not be ranked in the preseason next year.