• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Peach Pursuit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  1

Say we lose to Houston and beat UCF and Memphis. Is there anyone behind us that would challenge us for the NY6 bowl? Or is it presumable we would be the highest ranked Group of 5 team. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

16 minutes ago, jdm said:

Say we lose to Houston and beat UCF and Memphis. Is there anyone behind us that would challenge us for the NY6 bowl? Or is it presumable we would be the highest ranked Group of 5 team. 

If we lose to Houston we may not be in the CFP's top 25 when it first comes out. If we win out, though, hopefully facing Memphis in the ccg, I don't see any other G5 team with the resume to be ahead of us.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, jdm said:

Yes, there's only two other G5 teams who only have one overall loss at the moment. Toledo and Marshall. I just don't see any scenario where they would get the nod over us. As bad as our schedule is this year, it is still no where near as bad as the average MAC or CUSA slate. Neither has a win vs a p5 team, and if you look at common opponents, Marshall only beat Cincy by 17 and Toledo only beat Tulsa by 3 at home. I'd venture to say we'll be able to manhandle Tulsa at home.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Unless the AAC Champ has 2+ losses I don’t see a scenario where they aren’t the rep at this point. SDSU maaaaaaaybe sneak back in the conversation if ASU and Stanford continue their tear and they obliterate the rest of their opponents en route to the MWC Championship, but losing to Fresno and Boise kind of ruined that notion.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

20 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

Unless the AAC Champ has 2+ losses I don’t see a scenario where they aren’t the rep at this point. SDSU maaaaaaaybe sneak back in the conversation if ASU and Stanford continue their tear and they obliterate the rest of their opponents en route to the MWC Championship, but losing to Fresno and Boise kind of ruined that notion.

Fresno State would have to lose 3 out of their remaining 4 conference games for SDSU to even make their ccg. I think it's safe to say to say they're out of the picture. Only other potential 1 loss conf champions could be Toledo and Marshall ...... but you never know how that wacky Committee would think.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This thread is bad juju

Go BULLS!!!

Crush Cougars!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, charsibb said:

This thread is bad juju

Go BULLS!!!

Crush Cougars!

We better start a second DJ thread for Houston and revitalize the War Flamingo thread as a result 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 hours ago, jdm said:

People here have already addressed your question, but you might want to take a look at this story. JK updates it every week.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/peach-pursuit-how-the-group-of-fives-best-fared-in-week-8/2341961

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

In your scenario I believe we'd be back in the Peach with quality wins over the Tinmen and Memphis, ranked somewhere around 20.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Win all of our remaining games

Epidatsit