• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My biggest issue with this team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

And why are we complaining about a game that hasn't happened yet?  

Here is a stat for you.  USF is #18 in total defense.  Navy is #83.  Navy held UCF's vaunted offense to 31 points.  Mull that over.

There are three phases to a football game.

That 4th quarter sure didn't look like the #18 D in the country.  

Here is another stat.  #116 strength of schedule.  We currently have zero wins against FBS opponents with a winning record and they are a combined 13-33.

No one is complaining about a game that hasn't happened yet. If we don't tighten things up though we will get beat in Oviedo.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

29 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Tice should have taken himself out the game if he was that gassed. 

If he takes himself out then the defense gets the opportunity to substitute. Team is taught to get to the line and run the next play on the basis that the D is scrambling and gassed because no one can substitute. After the 1 yard gain Tice did sub himself out.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

If he takes himself out then the defense gets the opportunity to substitute. Team is taught to get to the line and run the next play on the basis that the D is scrambling and gassed because no one can substitute. After the 1 yard gain Tice did sub himself out.

One play late IMO

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 minute ago, SANJAY said:
33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Tice should have taken himself out the game if he was that gassed. 

Like I said - zero situational awareness.

You just watched him rip off a long, tiring run. Go ahead and keep him in the formation, but give the ball to someone else the next play, or call a pass. Don't give the ball to someone that just ran half the durned field at full speed. Give him a play to catch his breath.

• Upvote 1

Just now, charsibb said:

You just watched him rip off a long, tiring run. Go ahead and keep him in the formation, but give the ball to someone else the next play, or call a pass. Don't give the ball to someone that just ran half the durned field at full speed. Give him a play to catch his breath.

Agree...”players” situational awareness too

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

Agree...id call a flowers run after that long run and keep Tice in or a pass play.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agree...”players” situational awareness too

The player has no choice in that scenario unless he's injured. The coaches want them on the line to run the next play and get the defense off guard. We do this after every long play. I'm not blaming a player for not taking himself out when he's coached otherwise. Blame the coaches for not calling a better play.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, SANJAY said:

The player has no choice in that scenario unless he's injured. The coaches want them on the line to run the next play and get the defense off guard. We do this after every long play. I'm not blaming a player for not taking himself out when he's coached otherwise. Blame the coaches for not calling a better play.

If a player taps out I am sure it will be acceptable. But yeah, this is more on the coaches. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

It seems to me that almost every time we get a first down on a play gaining decent yardage we hurry to the line and run up the middle. I'm sure coaches from the other side have game film on this.