• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well we held on ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

We win a game most of you complain like we lost.

Pathetic

Yes. A lot of the play was pathetic.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

They may not beat Houston and they certainly won't beat UCF.

I predicted three losses after seeing the SJSU and Stony Brook games, but this team finds another gear when necessary. UCF is the only one that worries me.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

24 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

UCF is the only one that worries me.

True...but we normally take play up a few notches when we play them so I think we will be ok.  Need to beat up a pretty good Houston next.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

Did any of you actually watch the 4th quarter to come to your conclusions about taking the foot off the gas, turtling, just holding on..etc? I would have liked to see us win by 30 instead of a single score, but never did I get worried about the offense. Here are our drives after going up 34-7, please tell me where we went conservative and played to not lose the game. As a bucs fan under dungy I know what a conservative offense looks like.

Drive 1 -Started at our own 20. Drove to the Tulane 30 before an atrocious call by the refs (15 yrd clipping) took us from 1st and 10 to 3rd and 13. We tried a intermediate pass to TE Wilcox for the first down, Fluke INT bounced off a guys foot.

Drive 2- Start at midfield drive to Tulane 30 again. Take 2 deep shots to endzone incomplete. Missed FG by Nadelman.

Drive 3- Start at own 20. Convert 3rd down with Flowers run, but holding on Wilcox makes it 3rd and 16 from our own 15. We run a safe draw for 1 yard. This is the one time I'll admit it was conservative but at this point we were up 20pts still with 11 minutes left in the game. I'd say 90% of offensive coordinators make the same call. Please tell me you all are not basing your conclusions for the entire quarter off of this one play. This was our only punt in the 2nd half btw.

Drive 4- Start at midfield. Drive to 1st and goal from the 8. Another blown call by refs back us up to the 23. Not many play calls for goal to go from the 23. Blocked fg.

Drive 5- Start at midfield. Drive to 1st and goal from the 9. Kneel out the game. 

Hey I appreciate what you're saying, but yeah I watched. My takeaway was that our already run-heavy team became predictable to the run--clearly working off clock. Prior to the first missed FG try, we were running about 63% of the plays and were mixing in a little deception. From that drive and on, our plays were 83% run. While we were having a little success with it, it wasn't the same offense to me, and it looked like Tulane was able to sniff it out, went for broke, and nearly pulled off the upset. Hats off to them for the effort.

Sure, maybe I'm sensitive since it was a lot closer than it should have been, but I know I can't be alone in what I saw. I'm just not a fan of being aggressive for a while, then switch it up to play more conservative while the other team takes the momentum away.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

True...but we normally take play up a few notches when we play them so I think we will be ok. 

I think that's possible, and I really hope that's the way it works out. Frost doesn't hold anything back, so I hope we won't either.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Hey I appreciate what you're saying, but yeah I watched. My takeaway was that our already run-heavy team became predictable to the run--clearly working off clock. Prior to the first missed FG try, we were running about 63% of the plays and were mixing in a little deception. From that drive and on, our plays were 83% run. While we were having a little success with it, it wasn't the same offense to me, and it looked like Tulane was able to sniff it out, went for broke, and nearly pulled off the upset. Hats off to them for the effort.

Sure, maybe I'm sensitive since it was a lot closer than it should have been, but I know I can't be alone in what I saw. I'm just not a fan of being aggressive for a while, then switch it up to play more conservative while the other team takes the momentum away.

I'm with ya we definitely ran the ball a lot, I disagree with the little success though since we drove the ball nearly everytime we had it. I just feel like we are looking at the results rather than the method of the offense late in the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter. It seems like people (not necessarily you, you seem reasonable) see that we didn't score and remember us punting after running up the middle one time and selectively remember that's how the whole quarter looked when it didn't. 

Conservative offense to me is 3 runs up the middle and punt. We didn't do that. This is alot of IFs, but on those last 5 drives if we make either fg, or Q hits open deep balls, or we don't get kneecapped by the refs than we win an easy two score game and everyone relaxes. 

Kneeling the ball was absolutely the right decision to end the game safely, but maybe CS should have had the guys score just so our fanbase would calm down.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

In the back of my mind... I always know that Q plays his best when the pressure is on. It's weird, but, part of me needs to see that this year before going into UCF. I don't like coasting to 10 wins before we really have a challenge. Houston's defense is going to be the toughest we have played all year, but, they may be toast mentally at this point.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

In the back of my mind... I always know that Q plays his best when the pressure is on. It's weird, but, part of me needs to see that this year before going into UCF. I don't like coasting to 10 wins before we really have a challenge. Houston's defense is going to be the toughest we have played all year, but, they may be toast mentally at this point.

I was thinking the same thing last night we need a real test and I hope Houston brings it all and gives a close game till 4th.  We need to be battle tested before UCF.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

On October 21, 2017 at 11:47 PM, James Gaddis said:

If you want to feel better, go look at how WVU won just now against 0-7 Baylor. Ugly win = Win.

And they moved up one spot in the polls. What a joke. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

Kneeling the ball was absolutely the right decision to end the game safely, but maybe CS should have had the guys score just so our fanbase would calm down.

The last thing I want our coach to do is make in-game decisions based on the fragile state of our collective fanbase's psyche ...