• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AP Poll #16 USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Clearly it is better to be ranked than not ranked, if just for the exposure.  Not sure why it would even be a debate.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

37 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Rankings matter in terms of perception of program quality. To what degree is debatable, but it certainly doesn’t hurt when a recruit sees the team on the ESPN ticker week after week. 

This, being ranked gives us more exposure, which can only help

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

5 hours ago, beastiebull said:

Clearly it is better to be ranked than not ranked, if just for the exposure.  Not sure why it would even be a debate.

...but it is not good for the "will we be ranked" threads.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

15 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Going to Nola rocky style?

It didn't work out for me but I am still coming for the Houston game.  I am also definitely coming for the conf. championship and bowl game.

Have fun and definitely let me know what the trip is like! :iconic_u_black:

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

The rankings that matter will be out soon...all these other rankings don't matter as much anymore. There was a time when they were important...

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

The AP is a nice poll, but at this point it is no more significant than the CBS Sports 130+ (or however many FBS schools exists) poll.

The coaches polls and that secret group of "experts" are all that matter these days.  Do they even use the Harris poll anymore?  I cannot keep track of how the insiders keep changing the rules to keep the same schools in the top 10.  Personally I am annoyed that the computer polls are gone.  Those polls were based of formulas created by people, and the computers computed the polls based on those formulas.  They were not biased on ranking teams.  There were no favorites based on popularity or if a pollster graduated from a certain school or if a pollster was annoyed at a certain coach or player.  Now we have that group of "experts" who could just put Alabama as #1 just because they feel like it.  Not sure if she is still in that "experts" group, Condi Rice was in that group from the start.  WTF does she know about football?  Does she even pay attention to any school but the most popular ones?

The new playoff is a farce, and is just another mechanism to keep the power schools in the money.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

22 hours ago, Bull-Hornz said:

The rankings that matter will be out soon...all these other rankings don't matter as much anymore. There was a time when they were important...

Won't matter too much for us this year. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The AP matters right now because that’s the number that shows up next to our name on scores and tickers. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

36 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

The AP is a nice poll, but at this point it is no more significant than the CBS Sports 130+ (or however many FBS schools exists) poll.

The coaches polls and that secret group of "experts" are all that matter these days.  Do they even use the Harris poll anymore?  I cannot keep track of how the insiders keep changing the rules to keep the same schools in the top 10.  Personally I am annoyed that the computer polls are gone.  Those polls were based of formulas created by people, and the computers computed the polls based on those formulas.  They were not biased on ranking teams.  There were no favorites based on popularity or if a pollster graduated from a certain school or if a pollster was annoyed at a certain coach or player.  Now we have that group of "experts" who could just put Alabama as #1 just because they feel like it.  Not sure if she is still in that "experts" group, Condi Rice was in that group from the start.  WTF does she know about football?  Does she even pay attention to any school but the most popular ones?

The new playoff is a farce, and is just another mechanism to keep the power schools in the money.

I happened to come across an article, the other day,  that said she was just appointed to another "experts" panel in a different sport. Sad, but true.

Edited by Mama_Bull