• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 8 Games of Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

IMO these are the best opportunities to move up:

USF over Tulane, obviously

Texas over OK-State, I'm not sold on the Big 12 outside of TCU

Syracuse over Miami, Cuse coming off a big win and Miami needing miracles two weeks in a row.

USC at Notre Dame, one of them has to lose.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, deadudea said:

I would also say we should want Wisconsin over Maryland... Considering ucf, strength of schedule, makes their win look better.

That's shortsighted.  You want UCF to have the best SOS possible leading up to your game with them.  Also, any undefeated team ahead of you, you should want to lose.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, deadudea said:

I would also say we should want Wisconsin over Maryland... Considering ucf, strength of schedule, makes their win look better.

We play UCF, so it doesn't matter

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Personally I want UCF and Michigan to win.

I really want that undefeated black Friday match up. Those kind of games are what make rivalries special.

And as far as Michigan goes.. Even if they beat PSU I don't see them winning out. I want there to be as few undefeateds, and then one loss teams, as possible.

Our playoff hopes are slim but until there's absolutely no chance I'll be rooting for chaos at every turn.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345

So if Navy beats UCF and if UCF beats us on Black Friday, who wins the AAC east?  Both will have one loss but they have the head to head advantage. If that's the case then we should want them to beat Navy bc either way we will need to beat UCF regardless to advance. Unless we wanted Navy to win for some other reasons affecting the west and CCG implications. 

Edited by Bull

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334

I'm confused why do we want UCF to look good? Personally I would like them to lose all of thier remaining games and thier SOS to look like crap.

Our ceiling is the peach bowl and with the SDSU loss I could care less about C.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

SJSU is off, but Stony Brook is playing somebody, I assume

Both SJSU and Stony Brook are off.  I'll add Illinois over Minnesota.  Every little bit helps.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, USoFlo said:

I'm confused why do we want UCF to look good? Personally I would like them to lose all of thier remaining games and thier SOS to look like crap.

Our ceiling is the peach bowl and with the SDSU loss I could care less about C.

Forget they are UCF for a second. Consider that we have a matchup in our last game of the season against a ranked team. If you beat an unranked team, who cares, doesn't help our ranking much. If you beat a #25, eh doesn't matter all that much either since we are ranked much higher than #25 at that point. If you beat #1-10, you potentially jump through the rankings due to the perception voters will have that we can beat a Top 10 team. We want our last opponent to be ranked as close to #1 as possible. Until our game against them, it doesn't matter if they are ranked higher than us, it doesn't mean anything until we play on the field. We are ranked close enough to them that a win against a team who is ranked higher, makes us look much better than a win versus a team that isn't. Understand?  We want to take down Goliath in the last game, gaining the national attention heading into the CCG vs another potentially ranked team from the AAC. We don't want to finish our crappy schedule with a win vs yet another crappy team.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

21 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Forget they are UCF for a second. Consider that we have a matchup in our last game of the season against a ranked team. If you beat an unranked team, who cares, doesn't help our ranking much. If you beat a #25, eh doesn't matter all that much either since we are ranked much higher than #25 at that point. If you beat #1-10, you potentially jump through the rankings due to the perception voters will have that we can beat a Top 10 team. We want our last opponent to be ranked as close to #1 as possible. Until our game against them, it doesn't matter if they are ranked higher than us, it doesn't mean anything until we play on the field. We are ranked close enough to them that a win against a team who is ranked higher, makes us look much better than a win versus a team that isn't. Understand?  We want to take down Goliath in the last game, gaining the national attention heading into the CCG vs another potentially ranked team from the AAC. We don't want to finish our crappy schedule with a win vs yet another crappy team.

This. If we are both undefeated and around the top 10, this is the game of the week and gets lots of national attention as there will be very few undefeated teams remaining then. If UCF loses to Navy, they just come in with a worse ranking, but the game will still be for the AAC east title regardless because of the head to head tiebreaker.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334

So out of curiosity, If we are undefeated and C. is undefeated and we beat them and win the CCG, do you think it will be enough to get us ranked into the top 4 to go into the CFP? Honest question.@USFBulls12 @bullsfan1983