• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 7 Games of Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

I watched Boise win @BYU 24-7 yesterday. They looked pretty good. You might be able to find a replay of it online. 

Boise is a 7 point underdog @SDSU, but I think they might very well upset them.

I would not put too much stock into that game, BYU is terrible and will most likely finish the year with 3 wins.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Believe Memphis over Navy might be preferable. If they win I think at worst they go 9-2 and have a decent shot of being 10-1 heading into a CCG with their remaining schedule. Navy faces a tough road and could lose any of their next 7 games based on the way they have been playing. I think the 5-0 start will fade to likely 3 or more losses.

8 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Navy has been at least a TD favorite in every game they played. So, it's not surprising that they are 5-0.

Navy is once again a favorite @Memphis, but only by 4.5 points.

I don't see Navy putting a great deal of pressure on Ferguson, because they have just seven sacks and two interceptions for the season. So, I expect Memphis to be able to throw the ball successfully and to put up a lot of points.

I think Memphis wins this game outright.

If Memphis does win, Navy will be out of the polls and Memphis will likely take their place.

I'm not sure either defense is all that good. Navy cant pressure Ferguson but I also don't have a lot of faith in Memphis stopping the option attack. I think its going to come down to whether or not Navy and play keep away. 

10 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

I watched Boise win @BYU 24-7 yesterday. They looked pretty good. You might be able to find a replay of it online. 

Boise is a 7 point underdog @SDSU, but I think they might very well upset them.

57 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would not put too much stock into that game, BYU is terrible and will most likely finish the year with 3 wins.

Yeah, Rypien struggled to get that offense going. If he starts, I think the Aztecs take the game. If Harsin gives the keys to Cozart, the Broncos could pull the upset because he provides something more to the offense with his athleticism. He made a pretty good throw last week in the one chance they gave him too.  

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

One thing I will say about Boise and their chances of beating SDSU is that the players don't have 'quit' in them. Sometimes that helps.

Is it enough against SDSU? I hope so!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

On 10/9/2017 at 9:52 AM, BrassBulls12 said:

I'm not sure either defense is all that good. Navy cant pressure Ferguson but I also don't have a lot of faith in Memphis stopping the option attack. I think its going to come down to whether or not Navy and play keep away. 

Vegas currently has Memphis a 3.5 point Favorite at home against Navy.

Until now, Navy has been at least a TD favorite against the five teams they played.

I like Memphis to win at home.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/navy

31 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Vegas currently has Memphis a 3.5 point Favorite at home against Navy.

Until now, Navy has been at least a TD favorite against the five teams they played.

I like Memphis to win at home.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/navy

I'm not to into betting odds, but don't you get three points for being at home? 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I'm not to into betting odds, but don't you get three points for being at home? 

I think that is normally the case. I really don't know if there are exceptions to that rule.

A win by Memphis [who beat UCLA at home] over a ranked Navy will make the UCF win over them look even better. Memphis is receiving votes in both polls, but it is doubtful that they can gain enough more votes to be ranked. I assume Navy would drop out of the polls. Memphis will likely be ranked if they can win also @Houston next week, assuming Houston wins @Tulsa where they are a 13.5 point favorite.

IMO, our best scenario is to have Memphis beat Navy and then have Houston beat Tulsa and Memphis. That might be enough to get Houston ranked when we play them the following week at home.

36 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I think that is normally the case. I really don't know if there are exceptions to that rule.

A win by Memphis [who beat UCLA at home] over a ranked Navy will make the UCF win over them look even better. Memphis is receiving votes in both polls, but it is doubtful that they can gain enough more votes to be ranked. I assume Navy would drop out of the polls. Memphis will likely be ranked if they can win also @Houston next week, assuming Houston wins @Tulsa where they are a 13.5 point favorite.

IMO, our best scenario is to have Memphis beat Navy and then have Houston beat Tulsa and Memphis. That might be enough to get Houston ranked when we play them the following week at home.

I see that being the best case for USF. I'm just leaning towards Navy in this one. By every stretch we talked about there isn't a very large gap between the two teams and in games like that I usually take the team with the most discipline. Navy will take care of the ball and run it efficiently so I like them in this one.

I don't think it really matters which one comes out of the west, as long as they are ranked. I would rather it be an undefeated Navy team but I think the only two undefeated teams in the conference will settle it out on black Friday. I also have no trust in Houston as long as Ed Oliver is hampered with the MCL sprain. I know he played last week but it was SMU, I don't they can hold up if he isnt 100%

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I personally like Navy over Memphis. I don't think the knights can take Navy. So if Navy losses to Memphis then beats the knights, they will mess all of this ranked future opponent stuff up. 

If on the other hand they beat Memphis and stay ranked, both teams might be able to survive the top 25 showdown and we'll get a ranked opponent either way.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I personally like Navy over Memphis. I don't think the knights can take Navy. So if Navy losses to Memphis then beats the knights, they will mess all of this ranked future opponent stuff up. 

If on the other hand they beat Memphis and stay ranked, both teams might be able to survive the top 25 showdown and we'll get a ranked opponent either way.

I also like this. Anything to boost UCF ( beating a ranked Navy) will help us more in the end when we beat them.