• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 7 Games of Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Believe Memphis over Navy might be preferable. If they win I think at worst they go 9-2 and have a decent shot of being 10-1 heading into a CCG with their remaining schedule. Navy faces a tough road and could lose any of their next 7 games based on the way they have been playing. I think the 5-0 start will fade to likely 3 or more losses.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not 100% positive but I think the NY6 G5 participant needs to be a conf champion. 

Unless they changed it, this is the case. I remember last year we were not in the hunt in the final week despite being the #2 ranked G5 school. If Western Michigan would have lost we would have been tops but not eligible for the NY6 bowl.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Believe Memphis over Navy might be preferable. If they win I think at worst they go 9-2 and have a decent shot of being 10-1 heading into a CCG with their remaining schedule. Navy faces a tough road and could lose any of their next 7 games based on the way they have been playing. I think the 5-0 start will fade to likely 3 or more losses.

Probably true. Navy’s defense is their real problem. They really have not stopped anyone all year. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

16 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Makes sense, too ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

23 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

So, if the following plays out:

1) SDSU loses to Boise, but wins out from there, including their CCG

2) We go undefeated in the regular season, but lose to a two-loss Memphis/Navy in the CCG

....who do you see getting the nod? Possible we would still be ranked higher than SDSU, but they would have the Conference Championship. My assumption is that the higher rating is all that matters for the NY6 slot...

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not 100% positive but I think the NY6 G5 participant needs to be a conf champion. 

Yes, the NY6 bowl goes to the highest ranked G5 champion

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

31 minutes ago, charsibb said:

...that you know of...

Well...In my younger days, I was a sailor:lmao:

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

2 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

I've not seen Boise play. But I know they aren't bad.

Beating Troy, losing to Washing State by 3, those are respectable scores.

Gonna see if there are some Boise games on replay on ESPN this week.

Go Boise State!

I watched Boise win @BYU 24-7 yesterday. They looked pretty good. You might be able to find a replay of it online. 

Boise is a 7 point underdog @SDSU, but I think they might very well upset them.

1 hour ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Unless they changed it, this is the case. I remember last year we were not in the hunt in the final week despite being the #2 ranked G5 school. If Western Michigan would have lost we would have been tops but not eligible for the NY6 bowl.

We were not the #2 ranked school in the CFP poll, because we were not ranked at all in their top 25.

Temple was the next G5 school at #24 and Navy was #25.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/21/week/15/year/2016/seasontype/2

USF that week was the #2 ranked G5 school by the Coaches poll at #22, followed by #24 Temple.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/2/week/15/year/2016/seasontype/2

The CFP doesn't release a final poll after the bowl games like the AP and Coaches do.

In those polls, USF ended up as the #2 G5 school at #19, followed by SDSU #25.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/1/year/2016/seasontype/3

Edited by Mama_Bull

2 hours ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Navy has been at least a TD favorite in every game they played. So, it's not surprising that they are 5-0.

Navy is once again a favorite @Memphis, but only by 4.5 points.

I don't see Navy putting a great deal of pressure on Ferguson, because they have just seven sacks and two interceptions for the season. So, I expect Memphis to be able to throw the ball successfully and to put up a lot of points.

I think Memphis wins this game outright.

If Memphis does win, Navy will be out of the polls and Memphis will likely take their place.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

9 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

I watched Boise win @BYU 24-7 yesterday. They looked pretty good. You might be able to find a replay of it online. 

Boise is a 7 point underdog @SDSU, but I think they might very well upset them.

I watched the replay. Yikes, I don't feel so good about Boise beating SDSU. Boise's offense has a lot of problems.