• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comparing ucf & USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I was in the "hope ucf loses two games" camp earlier but now I have changed my mind. Let's play for all the marbles with two undefeated teams and have a win that will be remembered forever. Black Friday will be an unbelievable day. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

If both teams are ranked, it would be a great scenario for USF and the AAC.   We always say how we want to be at the big boys table again--that means being ranked and having to play your arch rival who is also ranked.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So, would it be better for UCF to be undefeated when we play them or for Navy to be undefeated in the CCG?  If UCF is undefeated, Navy may not be ranked (probably would), but if Navy is undefeated, UCF would likely still be ranked.  So, the question is, would it be better to beat 2 top 25 teams, or one possibly top 15 team?

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

So, would it be better for UCF to be undefeated when we play them or for Navy to be undefeated in the CCG?  If UCF is undefeated, Navy may not be ranked (probably would), but if Navy is undefeated, UCF would likely still be ranked.  So, the question is, would it be better to beat 2 top 25 teams, or one possibly top 15 team?

I would say we would prefer UCF to beat Navy, reasoning is that Navy can still crack the Top 25 with one loss and a win on the road against a ranked Notre Dame. With Navy winning, I don't see any games (other the War on I-4) that can get UCF back into the Top 25

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I often wonder if the Gators are sad because the Seminoles aren't ranked. I wonder if Miami is hurt that they'll get a beat up Seminoles team. 

I highly doubt either/ both situations above. I don't care about the conference or looks. I want what's best for my team. Having watched both teams as most of you have, I don't get this UCIF love fest. 

They play aggressive sure... But the teams I've watched them play didn't have enough heart/ fight. They fell behind and just crumbled. Their offenses weren't as balanced or as potent as ours. Their defenses weren't as opportunistic or punishing as ours. 

Do they have a pulse, sure. When our game is over, that may be in question. They are hungry but we are starving. They went through the pain of one bad season while we strung together several... Barring serious injury, this match up won't even be close. You can quote me on that at the end.

People obviously slept on them before their match-ups. Let's see how they fare with a target on their back like we've had all season. End of rant. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not for nothing, but, I have been terrified of an absolutely crushing blow to the AAC and a boost to the P5 people out there...

No. 7 USF vs No. 14 UCF on Black Friday... USF wins, say we get to No. 5...

Then... we lose the CCG to a 1 or 2 loss opponent... Everyone loses, AAC looks like trash, USF is crushed, P5 media goes on to talk about how weak every conference outside of the P5 is... more crushing would be if someone in the top-4 lost a CCG that could have gotten us into the playoffs.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I often wonder if the Gators are sad because the Seminoles aren't ranked. I wonder if Miami is hurt that they'll get a beat up Seminoles team. 

I highly doubt either/ both situations above. I don't care about the conference or looks. I want what's best for my team. Having watched both teams as most of you have, I don't get this UCIF love fest. 

They play aggressive sure... But the teams I've watched them play didn't have enough heart/ fight. They fell behind and just crumbled. Their offenses weren't as balanced or as potent as ours. Their defenses weren't as opportunistic or punishing as ours. 

Do they have a pulse, sure. When our game is over, that may be in question. They are hungry but we are starving. They went through the pain of one bad season while we strung together several... Barring serious injury, this match up won't even be close. You can quote me on that at the end.

People obviously slept on them before their match-ups. Let's see how they fare with a target on their back like we've had all season. End of rant. 

I watched some of the Memphis game and one thing I saw was that the Memphis QB had room to run, but, instead forced some bad throws. Not to say UCF can't shut down a running QB, but, if they dedicate people to stopping Q, that means less people back in the secondary. Obviously they will gameplan to make Q beat them passing, but, no matter how you slice it, when you have the ability to run the way Q can, it makes things a lot more difficult on the defense. I do think we'll need to spread it out on them more than we have been. Their LBs are quick and will be able to run down Tice/DJ, so, I don't anticipate a lot of big runs from them, but, we need to stick with it to keep UCF honest up front.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

24 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I would say we would prefer UCF to beat Navy, reasoning is that Navy can still crack the Top 25 with one loss and a win on the road against a ranked Notre Dame. With Navy winning, I don't see any games (other the War on I-4) that can get UCF back into the Top 25

I forgot about the Notre Dame game.

• Like 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

FATDADDYBULL YOU ARE RIGHT WE NEED TO BEAT THE BEST

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

19 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

I believe at this point the. AAC and New Year's Bowl bid comes down to the Black Friday game. 

I don't see either team losing more than once in conference  before that game and if they do, it is like last year, comes down to head to head.

Even if SDSU is undefeated, Their wins, with the exception of maybe Stanford, have been unimpressive and just squeaking by at last minute.  Maybe a little better competition, but our wins have been dominant as have UCF's.  

As far as I can see, it is a 2 team race .

Yeah, well, I didn't see us losing the Temple game last year.    Lots of time left before the BF game.  Anything can happen.