• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QF on Inside College Football at 10:40

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

Humbling

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

:57_cry: nothing but love and respect for Q as a player and person. Without a doubt the best player to have set foot on campus 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, HOTbull19 said:

:57_cry: nothing but love and respect for Q as a player and person. Without a doubt the best player to have set foot on campus 

I think there's doubt. He wasn't even necessarily the best player on his team last year (Mack). Jenkins and JPP give him a run too. They were first rounders for a reason.

Obviously none of the above had as much of an impact as a star QB - a CB can't completely alter a game on his own - but if that's the criteria then only QBs are in the running as best players, which is false.

Edited by The Great 8

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

53 minutes ago, HOTbull19 said:

Without a doubt the best player to have set foot on campus 

The best player to have set foot on campus passed away in 2011 ...

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Great piece on QF, but Randy Cross is wrong saying he's having as good a year as last year.  Its a good year, but not a great one.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Here is another short interview of QF on ESPN Radio today.

CampusConversation_300x300.jpg

Quinton Flowers, USF QB

USF QB Quinton Flowers talks to Ryan McGee, Ivan Maisel and Heather Dinich about his success this season, what Charlie Strong has meant to him, overcoming personal tragedy and more.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=20905106

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

On 9/26/2017 at 11:24 PM, The Great 8 said:

I think there's doubt. He wasn't even necessarily the best player on his team last year (Mack). Jenkins and JPP give him a run too. They were first rounders for a reason.

Obviously none of the above had as much of an impact as a star QB - a CB can't completely alter a game on his own - but if that's the criteria then only QBs are in the running as best players, which is false.

Im not sure how Q wasn't the best player last season. He out rushed Mack in both yards and TD's on top of his passing stats. I mean if you want to look past the numbers then you gotta look at the offensive line not necessarily Mack. I don't know much about Jenkin's career at USF but I was at USF for JPP and I don't think a one year player on a team that didn't win the conference can be in the running for best player to step on campus, I just think you would have to do more than play 12 games be considered better than what Q has provided. I think in the conversation of who's the GOAT there will always be a debate. Flowers has the easiest case to make. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

On 9/26/2017 at 11:24 PM, The Great 8 said:

JPP was a transient player who had a cup of coffee with us. No friggin way does he even approach the college status of Q.