• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Week's Polls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Reese Davis(espn) put ucf in at #25, left us out because of "ugly" start

Pffft ugly start. Have our games been perfect? No, but we are 4-0 and won each game by 2 touchdowns or more. That's taking care of business. UF's last 2 wins came on miracles on the last play.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, python815 said:

Pffft ugly start. Have our games been perfect? No, but we are 4-0 and won each game by 2 touchdowns or more. That's taking care of business. UF's last 2 wins came on miracles on the last play.

Reese Davis has as big a P5 bias as anyone out there.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Reese Davis has as big a P5 bias as anyone out there.

That's for sure but sadly so does everyone else.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

And this is why it’s nice that the pollsters don’t actually watch our games. 

exactly -- it is as if they just see the scores and assume that was all about the offense, doing the absolute minimal research. Not that our offense can't click into "all cylinders" mode-- and I hope they do soon as it is fun to watch--- and much needed toward the end of the season. But in general- I have been quite happy with the play of our defense.

as for the polls-- not sure I care how they rank us any more. It doesn't seem to matter. I can even see a scenario where we run the table and STILL don't sniff that playoff spot. Not sure we could compete against a team like Bama regardless-- but I sure wouldn't mind getting a shot at them to find out. Thinking that might happen is dreaming right now. Goal #1 in my mind is to win the conference out right for the first time in school history. We need to get over this silly hurdle.

Edited by MikeG
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Still think USF will be #15 in coaches poll. I only care about the coaches poll this season since they seem to know more than the AP. AP may have us at #20 today which is too low. 

The coaches poll should be called the SID poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

44 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Reese Davis(espn) put ucf in at #25, left us out because of "ugly" start

makes for great bulletin board motivation (if USF ever needed it when playing UCF that is)

3 minutes ago, MikeG said:

as for the polls-- not sure I care how they rank us any more. It doesn't seem to matter. I can even see a scenario where we run the table and STILL don't sniff that playoff spot. Not sure we could compete against a team like Bama regardless-- but I sure wouldn't mind getting a shot at them to find out. Thinking that might happen is dreaming right now. Goal #1 in my mind is to win the conference out right for the first time in school history. We need to get over this silly hurdle.

There is zero chance we finish in the top 4 even if we go undefeated. The SEC champ is getting in, no matter who they are. Same for the ACC and Big 10. That means an undefeated USF gets the last spot over who, USC? Washington? Oklahoma? TCU? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

8 minutes ago, MikeG said:

exactly -- it is as if they just see the scores and assume that was all about the offense, doing the absolute minimal research. Not that our offense can't click into "all cylinders" mode-- and I hope they do soon as it is fun to watch--- and much needed toward the end of the season. But in general- I have been quite happy with the play of our defense.

Agree primary goal is win conference with that the rankings will come.

I am under no illusion that this team has any shot at getting into the playoffs as they stand in current form.  
I would like us get a shot vs UF in a big bowl game.  

Edited by Bulls On Parade

42 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

What a tool

Wait until our local writer does the same thing.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Ugly start?  2 sides of the ball. At one point early on our defense had Temple to almost -40 yards. That's a thing of beauty. 

Ask any coach or anyone tha really understands football. The game is played for 4 quarters and a full 60 minutes. To judge on just the first few minutes is ridiculous. 

These people are looking for perfection. Even the headline article on ESPN website talks about just surviving and not style points. Stupid if we are held to a different standard.