• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First 4 Games' Report Card

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Overall, B . . . We haven't been tested, but 4-0 is the BEST we can do. Wins don't come with an asterisk. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

Defense A-

Offense C+

Special Teams D+

Coaching B

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Defense A (such a nice surprise)

Offense C (far to many issues)

Special Teams C (improving, 5-5 on FG)

Coaching C (Bland, ineffective offense... Great turnaround on D)

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, jg233 said:

The Bullspen, where 40 points and 500 yards per game is bland and ineffective...lol

We have become snobs :lmao:

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Totally

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

Can anyone really say we have a more effective offense than last year? ever on par with last year... Offense deserves the C

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

13 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

Can anyone really say we have a more effective offense than last year? ever on par with last year... Offense deserves the C

First 4 games last year - Total TDs:  24; Rushing:  167 carries, 1,031 yards, 6.2 yards/carry; Passing: 57 - 107 - 3, 53.2%, 975 yards, 17.1 yards/completion

First 4 games this year - Total TDs:  20; Rushing:  252 carries, 1,156 yards, 4.6 yards/carry; Passing: 57 - 110 - 2, 51.8%, 819 yards, 14.4 yards/completion

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Offense last night left a lot of points on the field.  6 turnovers and great field position and we kick 5 field goals. Not impressive or inspiring to me.  People all around me were bored out of their minds watching that offense last night.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  146

Assessment:

QB: Phenomenal athlete that is one of the best players in USF history. Currently kind of schizophrenic. First two games looked disjointed. Third game passing was impressive. Last night was uncomfortable and completely out of sync. Amazing potential. OC needs to call the game to get him in a groove.  Grade: C+. (Yes, this may be lower than some people but the expectations are high for him based upon last years results.)

RB: Overall very pleased. Really like Tice so far. DJ has been underwhelming but still a good strong runner. RBs seem a step slower than last year. Grade: B

WR/TE: Hard to assess. Loads of talent. Too many drops in earlier games. Love the down field blocking. Grade: B-

OL: Biggest disappointment thus far. Yes I'm aware of our points scored and average yards running per game. They made big strides against Illinois but were repeatedly beat in many running and passing situations against Temple. The main reason our offense looked bad at times against SB and Tem was the fact that those teams had strong defensive lines. This is my biggest concern for offensive success going forward. Grade: D+/C-

DL: Pleasantly surprised with this group. They have been playing with intensity and passion. I have routinely seen them get penetration and/or drive the OL back on run plays. Pass rush seems to be improving as well. Grade: A

LB: I have been very critical of this group in the past but they are a different bunch this year. They seem to have more intensity and less breakdowns. Still a little shaky on pass coverage but very happy with their progress in the last year. Probably the most improved group. Grade: B+

DB: Very talented and probably our best group on the team. Good coverage abilities. Ball hawking is seen with the multitude of interceptions. Love seeing the blitzing and run support by this group. Will have to see how they fair against more potent passing offenses. Grade: A

Special teams: Terrible thus far. Yes, they had a better game against Temple, especially the coverage teams. But even without any blocks last night, there was still more pressure in both kicking and punting than I like to see. Kicker seems solid. Punter has a good leg but a little slow. This may determine future success of this team. Grade: D-

Prediction: I love that we have progressed to the point where we can be critical of our Bulls being Top 25 and undefeated. I am concerned that our wins thus far have been due to excess talent which may not always be the case going forward. My fear is that unless special teams improves, penalties decrease, and offense starts to find a rhythm, we may be in for 1 or 2 losses. I do have confidence that at least some if not all of these will improve and we will finish the year with 0 or 1 loss. 

Overall, Its a great day to be a Bull!