• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Never Thought I Would Say This...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Harlan didn't have anything to do with the offense.

So what he contacted his mentor on some plays to use.

The GCO is Taggart's baby epidatsit. 

See prior two years and tell us Kinnen and Harlan's input didn't have anything to do with jt

Edited by Bull Daly
  • Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

39 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

See prior two years and tell us Kinnen and Harlan's input didn't have anything to do with jt

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

11 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

The approaches may be different, but in watching a few Texas games from last year and our first two games this year, the problem for us in the downfield game has been the early drops. 

Complete those balls early and those defenses are on their heels and we have space to run. 

In the first game if Scantling makes the catch early it is a different beginning. Salomon makes the early catch in game 2 then Stonybrook isn't bottling up the running lanes. 

Once the receivers started holding on to the ball we were moving the ball just fine. 

I still think we simply ran a basic no frills offense against Stonybrook. Every other gamw of a Gilbert offense they were lining up and snapping. Not so much in that game. 

yep

we need to catch the ball

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

9 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Harlan didn't have anything to do with the offense.

So what he contacted his mentor on some plays to use.

The GCO is Taggart's baby epidatsit. 

Let's be real.  That offense is 100% Kinnan.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Let's be real.  That offense is 100% Kinnan.  

Assume you mean the offense he ran here ...

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Assume you mean the offense he ran here ...

Which is exactly what he is running at Oregon.  Difference is that he currently

has a throwing QB that doesn't make the decision to rabbit out of the pocket because he sticks to his strengths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Which is exactly what he is running at Oregon.  Difference is that he currently

has a throwing QB that doesn't make the decision to rabbit out of the pocket because he sticks to his strengths.

:rolleyes:.... Not going to bother to argue with someone who thinks that Q's 1500 yards rushing last year came on his decisions to rabbit out of the pocket. It's a similar offense to the Gulf Coast but the GCO relied on utilizing the legs of the qb. It's only 2 games into the Oregon season and if Herbert ends up with close to 200 rushing attempts, I'll gladly admit he's running the same offense ..... right now, it's not the same.

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

:rolleyes:.... Not going to bother to argue with someone who thinks that Q's 1500 yards rushing last year came on his decisions to rabbit out of the pocket. It's a similar offense to the Gulf Coast but the GCO relied on utilizing the legs of the qb. It's only 2 games into the Oregon season and if Herbert ends up with close to rushing attempts, I'll gladly admit he's running the same offense ..... right now, it's not the same.

I think Oregon's offense is a combo of the power and GCO. I dont see why everybody wants to downplay Taggarts role in the offense. He sought advive on making a new offence from other schools and Kinnan. Took what he learned and made his own offense. Now Oregon is enjoying the benefits. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart's offense is much better than Strong's.

What he is running at Oregon looks a little different only because he doesn't have a running QB but he has still called some effective QB carries. He has is QB doing more over the middle passes than we saw from a Flowers. We still see a similar rushing attack and also a lot of screens and pre-snap motion. It's obvious he is using his playmakers to their strengths. Putting up 42 points in the first half. Second half wasn't as great a performance but breaking out at the openeing of the game as Taggart does is a great way to win. 

Watching Oregon now with Taggart and Leavitt is way more entertaining than USFs crap offense that struggles against and FCS team.

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

:rolleyes:.... Not going to bother to argue with someone who thinks that Q's 1500 yards rushing last year came on his decisions to rabbit out of the pocket. It's a similar offense to the Gulf Coast but the GCO relied on utilizing the legs of the qb. It's only 2 games into the Oregon season and if Herbert ends up with close to rushing attempts, I'll gladly admit he's running the same offense ..... right now, it's not the same.

Not all of them, obviously.  But are you telling me that he never rabbited as soon as he felt a tiny bit of pressure?  CWT told him to do that.  Obviously they aren't going to call as many QB draws with Herbert at QB, that doesn't make it a different offense, just some percentage of play calls are different and the QB is making different decisions.