• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Never Thought I Would Say This...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

41 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Taggart's offense is much better than Strong's.

What he is running at Oregon looks a little different only because he doesn't have a running QB but he has still called some effective QB carries. He has is QB doing more over the middle passes than we saw from a Flowers. We still see a similar rushing attack and also a lot of screens and pre-snap motion. It's obvious he is using his playmakers to their strengths. Putting up 42 points in the first half. Second half wasn't as great a performance but breaking out at the openeing of the game as Taggart does is a great way to win. 

Watching Oregon now with Taggart and Leavitt is way more entertaining than USFs crap offense that struggles against and FCS team.

Can't argue that. Our offense now has been very boring to watch. Last season I felt the complete opposite. I couldn't wait until we got the ball because we found ways to move it down the field way more efficiently. 

We DO need to start catching the ball better, but the predictable "run, run, pass on 3rd down" scheme is much easier to cover and figure out from an opposing defense. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

55 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Not all of them, obviously.  But are you telling me that he never rabbited as soon as he felt a tiny bit of pressure?  CWT told him to do that.  Obviously they aren't going to call as many QB draws with Herbert at QB, that doesn't make it a different offense, just some percentage of play calls are different and the QB is making different decisions.

Huge percentage of different play calls. Along with the qb's running ability being utilized totally different, more down the field pass plays are called as opposed to a healthy use of the bubble screen and jet sweeps. If you want to call it the same offense because some of the same plays were used in both, doesn't matter how they're used , I'll agree ..... but then the offense that Gilbert's running is basically the same as the one we had last year because pretty much every play in the SBU game was used last year, just not with the same philosophy. I guess, bottom line to me, is different philosophies equal different offenses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

What he is running at Oregon looks a little different only because he doesn't have a running QB but he has still called some effective QB carries.

He's called 2 effective QB carries play in 2 games (11 yds and 20 yds). The other 7 times the qb has run the ball averaged 1.7/carry .... not very effective.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Huge percentage of different play calls. Along with the qb's running ability being utilized totally different, more down the field pass plays are called as opposed to a healthy use of the bubble screen and jet sweeps. If you want to call it the same offense because some of the same plays were used in both, doesn't matter how they're used , I'll agree ..... but then the offense that Gilbert's running is basically the same as the one we had last year because pretty much every play in the SBU game was used last year, just not with the same philosophy. I guess, bottom line to me, is different philosophies equal different offenses.

Come on.  You know very well that the offense he ran in WKU and the offense he brought with him is completely different in all respects than what he is running in Oregon.  He is running the offense that Kinnan put in, but making different play calls because he has different talent.  This is not the Taggart offense, it is the Kinnan offense.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

This is not the Taggart offense, it is the Kinnan offense.  

Don't forget the real mastermind ..... Harlan. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Imagine what he could do with an athlete like Ironsides.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, smazza said:

oregon's defense looked porous

Does it take longer to build a defense or has Leavitt lost a step?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Don't forget the real mastermind ..... Harlan. 

I didn't think the obvious needed to be stated.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

So two victories in two games are not enough?  We want to score 60 points a game or somehow the wins are diminished?

Go Bulls!