• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dreams that Died Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Bausfkid said:

GA or is that you Martin?

LOL ... I'm not Martin, but I'm certainly open to criticism of my statements.  I did qualify the NY6 comments, so please tell me how I'm wrong.  

5 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Nothing has died, but if the offensive coaches don't start putting this offense in a position that plays to our strengths it won't last much longer. 

This is my only hope at this point.  I'm praying to the football gods that this has all been vanilla by design and we will see the real offense next week at UConn.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

It was more the headline than the post.  Very MF of you.  All good, just some post game fun.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think if USF were P5 we'd be assured of staying top 25. But we are not, we are red headed stepchildren in the voters eyes so I would not be surprised if we drop from 19, perhaps out of the top 25.  That being said, if we do drop, the way they played for most of the past two games, I think it would be justified.

As for Flowers and the Heisman, he was pretty much the only reason we won today, his second and third efforts to get yards behind a line that hardly protected, receivers that couldn't get open and dropped balls.

Just now, Bausfkid said:

It was more the headline than the post.  Very MF of you.  All good, just some post game fun.

Cool.  I appreciate your appreciation of my click-inducing title!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Our up tempo fast attack with Adams stretching them east/west, then Mack busting a 90yd run really wore out and confused teams.  Now we tend to stand there and run #2 up the middle for a loss.

This is obvious and biggest problem, hope we make adjustments pronto.  Maybe we don't have the talent.  Thinking Mack's and Adams' departures were not big hits to the offense was silly, but many thought that.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, slick1ru2 said:

I think if USF were P5 we'd be assured of staying top 25. But we are not, we are red headed stepchildren in the voters eyes so I would not be surprised if we drop from 19, perhaps out of the top 25.  That being said, if we do drop, the way they played for most of the past two games, I think it would be justified.

As for Flowers and the Heisman, he was pretty much the only reason we won today, his second and third efforts to get yards behind a line that hardly protected, receivers that couldn't get open and dropped balls.

I don't think it's a P5 vs. not P5... The offense is not clicking and the special teams rocked a -7.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

This offense is supposed to stretch the field vertically which will open up the run. I don't see where we are stretching horizontally or vertically. 2 passes over 7 yards downfield. Thats not good playcalling. 

The tv analyst was apoplectic about the height mismatch with Scantling and not one throw to exploit it. Bad play calling. Antoine was shifty. Gets 2 throws and then disappears. Feed the playmakers the ball. Its not happening. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slick1ru2 said:

Right, I get that, but those who are in the running for Heismans, getting REAL consideration, get 250-300 yards passing, 4+ TDs, and in a guy like Flowers' case, 150+ rushing yards against teams like Stony Brook ... in the 1st half.  

Not the full game stat line like Flowers.

Other than that, I agree with you that Flowers was the reason we won today. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, Brad said:

This is obvious and biggest problem, hope we make adjustments pronto.  Maybe we don't have the talent.  Thinking Mack's and Adams' departures were not big hits to the offense was silly, but many thought so.

I have a feeling we have plenty of fast excellent talent on the team, but not seeing the creativity.