• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see it. My understanding is the the training facilities are comparable to P5. Not the best, but not that off from top programs.

http://www.placead.tampabay.com/sports/college/jones-charlie-strong-football-program-need-a-cash-commitment-from-usf/2335074

I think his better everything includes local media.

Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Need OCS & indoor practice facility. Most of the other facilities are good. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Can we upgrade reporters while we are at it? We need an indoor facility first, then the ocs. Are campus is beautiful, we need to get more people to see it. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

53 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see it. My understanding is the the training facilities are comparable to P5. Not the best, but not that off from top programs.

http://www.placead.tampabay.com/sports/college/jones-charlie-strong-football-program-need-a-cash-commitment-from-usf/2335074

There was a previous thread on that article.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Assuming that's a Tom Jones column, he can kiss my ass.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

7 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Need OCS & indoor practice facility. Most of the other facilities are good. 

Just to put this into perspective, the Bucs are just now building an indoor facility. It was announced 2 years ago and cost $20 million. And the Florida Gators just got theirs 2 years ago, $15 million.  FSU got theirs in 2013, same price.  I imagine their cash flows are better than USFs and have so much money laying around they can buy a building they didn't need for decades to recruit top talent or win championships. Georgia is just now getting one and Miami wants one.

A 2012 article listed UCLA's as the worse practice  facilities in all of college football.  http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/1134227-the-top-10-worst-practice-facilities-in-college-football

This is crazy. Half a billion spent on 144 indoor facilities in Texas. High schools!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2016/12/09/texas-high-school-footballs-latest-arms-race-multimillion-dollar-indoor-practice-facilities

and 

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

True, it won't make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside (which seems to be the only thing many folks around these parts want).  Good article with some cogent points.

Edited by Turd Ferguson
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I'm surprised they haven't spent the CITF money to build it yet. I mean, seriously, UF can build it for $15M? The CITF money is around $16M right? That would be enough to give us a comparable facility to the Florida Gators. 

The only requirement would that they would have to open it to non-athletes, but I assume that can be arranged-and in the summer time when the storms are at their peak there's a distinct lack of students who aren't football players on campus who will use it. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

No argument from me on that, however it's good to know your audience and ride any wave you can. 

If he wants to draw more attention he'd be better off.  USF isn't big enough that a less thank positive message draws readers (negative sells with big programs). However, in my opinion, a positive message from a local writer would have brought more shares and support.  With that his visibility and readership would grow.  

Not saying that is the case every time and he has to wear green and gold glasses (he shouldn't at all).  What I am saying is he could have capitalized off the success of last year and the hype of this year with a different tone/message.  Not to mention it would have been good for us.

Edited by thatBULL

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

10 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

No argument from me on that, however it's good to know your audience and ride any wave you can. 

If he wants to draw more attention he'd be better off.  USF isn't big enough that a less thank positive message draws readers (negative sells with big programs). However, in my opinion, a positive message from a local writer would have brought more shares and support.  With that his visibility and readership would grow.  

Not saying that is the case every time and he has to wear green and gold glasses (he shouldn't at all).  What I am saying is he could have capitalized off the success of last year and the hype of this year with a different tone/message.  Not to mention it would have been good for us.

I agree.

Perhaps, he isn't even aware that USF is seriously considering building an on campus stadium, since he makes no mention of that.

If he did know, then THAT should have been the focal point for his article and explain how that could become a reality.

In recent years, USF has spent more than $70 million in athletic facility upgrades. He doesn't even acknowledge that fact. Anybody walking around the campus should be able to see all the major improvements. 

IMO, Aside from an OCS and an indoor practice facility, the rest of our on campus football facilities are not sub par compared to the average P5 school.