• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Most anticipated season ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

IIRC, Allen left late in the process, around NSD. There really wasn't anyone to look at on the outside with such a short turnaround to spring ball. Think Tags made the best play he could, and that solidified that RW wouldn't look elsewhere since his talents as a recruiter were definitely a plus. Of course hindsight 20/20 and he was clearly overwhelmed with the Navy game being his best gameplan for a half. Can't help but wonder if Jancek would've been a better playcaller, yet he apparently fell off the face of the earth. Feel worlds more confident with this unit with this staff. Again, USF can afford the offense to take a step back if the defense takes a step forward. Heavy running teams will always give a 4-2-5 fits ; but I don't believe we play a team with a proven run game that also has a proven QB. So they can stack the box against the UConns and Temples of the world.

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

9 hours ago, 370Bull said:

I attended the kickoff with coach T event at pier 22 last year and asked him about our defense and how aggressive we will be with coach Allen leaving. His response was basically that most players and playmakers are back on defense, so our defense would be good regardless of the coach. After the season ended, I'm not so sure that plan worked out. 

No disrespect to Taggart, but that was pretty true on offense, maybe...the immense talent was enough to overcome Taggart's lack of coaching skills.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

No disrespect to Taggart, but that was pretty true on offense, maybe...the immense talent was enough to overcome Taggart's lack of coaching skills.

Will see a little answer to that this season at Oregon. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Will see a little answer to that this season at Oregon. 

Was talking to our resident Duck about that today.  He's pumped.  Oregon is so in need of recruiting and Florida speed, they are giving Cash Taggart a pass this season - just show them the recruits.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

7 hours ago, Brad said:

Was talking to our resident Duck about that today.  He's pumped.  Oregon is so in need of recruiting and Florida speed, they are giving Cash Taggart a pass this season - just show them the recruits.

They should do well, and I'm ambivalent about it, honestly.  But I do think Coach Leavitt does well, then leaves for K State when Snyder retires.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

List of favorite ex USF HCs

1. Leavitt- the man made this all happen.

2. Stan Heath- Wish we never got rid of him...

3. Taggart- did a great job building us back up after Holtz. Set us up nicely for this year. Still, a part of me wants to see him flop at Oregon. I know it is being salty but I have always disliked Oregon and it seemed like he was trying to get out for awhile.

4. Antigua- total joke. I really thought he would do great things here...

5. Holtz- The anti-Leavitt. Almost tore down the house CJL built. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

52 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

List of favorite ex USF HCs

1. Leavitt- the man made this all happen.

2. Stan Heath- Wish we never got rid of him...

3. Taggart- did a great job building us back up after Holtz. Set us up nicely for this year. Still, a part of me wants to see him flop at Oregon. I know it is being salty but I have always disliked Oregon and it seemed like he was trying to get out for awhile.

4. Antigua- total joke. I really thought he would do great things here...

5. Holtz- The anti-Leavitt. Almost tore down the house CJL built. 

Would definitely reverse the last two. xCSH really had only one train wreck of a year, playing under little different rules than previous regime. xCOA was responsible for 3 years of train wrecks, with the best situation of any incoming mbb coach we've had. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Depends on perspective.  For USF fans that have been here since the beginning, probably not.

Nationwide, the buzz for USF is louder than it has ever been.  Even during 07/08, no one nationally really believed the team was any good.  Just another Cinderella that would flame out.   Yeah, a pundit here or there would say something good, but overall we got little run.  This year we are Top 25 in every single poll, and we are mentioned as the top spoiler from the G5.   So I would say so from a national perspective.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Would definitely reverse the last two. xCSH really had only one train wreck of a year, playing under little different rules than previous regime. xCOA was responsible for 3 years of train wrecks, with the best situation of any incoming mbb coach we've had. 

That's fair. My list is admittedly subjective

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Speaking for myself, I'm not buying into the hype. We've got bad voodoo at USF, and no one has shown any evidence that the bones have been removed from under USF Athletics (not isolated to the dome!).

I'm taking this one week at a time.

That's not to say that I'm not enjoying all the press USF is getting; I love it!

Is our team talented? You bet! But I'm not convinced that it is all smooth sailing this whole season, leading us to the Money Bowl.