• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF overcharging for Season tickets and costing themselves butts in the seats?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

There are empty seats. Supply is outpacing demand. Either lower the price or put a more desired product on the field in the form of opponents with a pulse. We can't change the conference opponents and we can't change the times. So it's either get better OOC teams or lower the price. 

Edited by JTrue
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

There are empty seats. Supply is outpacing demand. Either lower the price or put a more desired product on the field in the form of opponents with a pulse. We can't change the conference opponents and we can't change the times. So it's either get better OOC teams or lower the price. 

You would need to lower the ticket price across the board.  Don't see them giving refunds if they lowered the price now.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Covert giveaways/price reductions.  Easy to do with single tickets and hope to convert to STHS. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

The problem with prices too low is that it creates a problem charging regular prices as we grow.  I do think it is something we should do in some manner to create an atmosphere people want to come to. 

It'd be better to have a new purchaser or "winback" intro rate, with gradual raises and possibly a multi-year agreement.  

39 minutes ago, TheBullies said:

You gotta hand it to this Memphis guy. No matter how many Bulls try to a-hole him, he keeps his cool and actually contributes to the discussion. Kudos. 

Indeed.  

• Like 1

Perhaps we're not too far away from one of those dynamic pricing models in which we'll see the price go up or down by seasonal success or failure, wins or losses, weather, day of week, TV/no TV, time of start, coaches, players and good opponent or bad opponent, etc.

Then, we'll all storm the gates. 

:angrymob:

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

Just to give an equal playing field..... FSU $305........UF $380.  I believe it has to do with who we play and how we play. Plus, the noon games are killer. So far as my seats, I'm very happy with the price. You are not going to get good seats with club access at these prices at most of the other well known schools. Their donations are much higher then ours. So please don't forget to consider that when looking at the cheapest ticket.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

7 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Most of the people on this board are going to go to the games regardless of price (as long as it it not ridiculous) The difference is not going to effect us. However the diehards are not enough. Our atmosphere at the games is embarrassing. We cant even come close to filling the lower deck. **** we couldn't even sell out FSU last year. I am talking about getting the causal fan or USF alumn that would consider bringing his family if the prices were better. If we charged what UCF does you could save $10 a ticket per game. If you have 4 tickets that is a savings of $40  a game and almost $280 a year. That is a decent savings. 

Honestly, I didnt renew. I'll be at all the games but I feel I will save money buying on the secondary market.

Am I missing something here??

Honestly, if it's all about saving money, just don't go ....