• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The Tailgate Guys"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

13 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This is the way to go if you are attending a road game with a larger group. I would love to utilize their services for a big road game....now, if only we had a big road game....I would consider using their services for Georgia Tech in 2019 and Texas in 2020 if they are still in business. 

That's a great thought.  The Alumni group will probably put them on at the big games though.  And just another thought about this business, we find it harder and harder to get everything together as each year passes.  Everything seems to be getting heavier as I age, especially the generator.  So I can see the appeal for some.  For home games I would opt for the Alumni/Bulls Club tent most times rather than this company doing the set up.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

That's a great thought.  The Alumni group will probably put them on at the big games though.  And just another thought about this business, we find it harder and harder to get everything together as each year passes.  Everything seems to be getting heavier as I age, especially the generator.  So I can see the appeal for some.  For home games I would opt for the Alumni/Bulls Club tent most times rather than this company doing the set up.  

No offense to the Alumni group, but their tailgates are usually lame and the food not that great, especially for a pescatarian. I would just get catering from a local joint and have the tailgate guys set up all of the equipment. For a group of 10 we could probably get away with everything at $50 per head, including food and booze. I will try and put something together for The Bullspen when those games draw near. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

This is the way to go if you are attending a road game with a larger group. I would love to utilize their services for a big road game....now, if only we had a big road game....I would consider using their services for Georgia Tech in 2019 and Texas in 2020 if they are still in business. 

I stand corrected. This is actually an excellent idea and the GT and Texas games would certainly be applicable. BullsPen Tailgate? I am all in! 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is to tailgating as going on a cruise is to traveling/vacationing.  There's definitely a market for it but it's not for me.....

49 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I stand corrected. This is actually an excellent idea and the GT and Texas games would certainly be applicable. BullsPen Tailgate? I am all in! 

I have organized some great gatherings in the past, including in Birmingham and El Paso. Assuming the company is still in business, I will try and put it together for Georgia Tech in 2019 and see how it goes. We might be able to get a pretty good sized group for that one, although there will probably be a lot who will drive up to the game and bring their own gear. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

No offense to the Alumni group, but their tailgates are usually lame and the food not that great, especially for a pescatarian. I would just get catering from a local joint and have the tailgate guys set up all of the equipment. For a group of 10 we could probably get away with everything at $50 per head, including food and booze. I will try and put something together for The Bullspen when those games draw near. 

From the email I received the Tailgate Guys are going to use the same caterer that they use for the Alumni big tent tailgate. If you are going to use your own caterer that is a different story.  The only problem I see is you having to pick up the food from the caterer and lug it to the tent.  I wrote to them asking about getting stuff from our cars to their tent set ups but haven't heard back yet.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

I have organized some great gatherings in the past, including in Birmingham and El Paso.

That was a terrific TBP gathering in El Paso!  It had it all.  Great memories of that night!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

From the email I received the Tailgate Guys are going to use the same caterer that they use for the Alumni big tent tailgate. If you are going to use your own caterer that is a different story.  The only problem I see is you having to pick up the food from the caterer and lug it to the tent.  I wrote to them asking about getting stuff from our cars to their tent set ups but haven't heard back yet.

Please let us know what they mean by that. 

On their web site they say this:

We reserve our guests’ parking spaces and meet them at their cars to help haul their stuff to the tailgate.

Does the price include a parking space?  Wonder about the trip back?  Or all your stuff during the game.  Can you hang out after a great game and celebrate?  

I'd ask these myself if I thought there was a chance I'd use these services but just don't see it for me. Plus they'd charge me a lot extra to haul all my tailgating stuff!

4 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I'm not looking at this for a home game.  I clicked on the Georgia Tech option and there are 4 different restaurants listed as catering options. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

7 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Alumni tailgate or any event put on by them are a waste of money. It targets the 55+ crowd. No disrespect to the 55+ club but it limits a large part of the alumni base

Edited by Skingraft