• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The Tailgate Guys"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

It is definitely a cool concept. If you get 8-10 people together it can be pretty cheap if everybody pitches in. (some buddies of mine have tailgated with them at Auburn with only good things to say). Tailgate gets set up before you arrive and broken down for you after you leave, tvs and all. Hopefully it is the same here.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

This will be great for when I get real old. Will be easier on the back

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Haven't read through their site yet but am disappointed that the regular tent isn't going to be there. Was counting on that for the Thur & Fri night games.  This may not be viable for us since our gang arrives at weird times on the weekday games.

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

IMG_4140.PNGThis is off their website. Where is the fan zone moving to?

If they're still doing one, my guess is to the South of the Tailgate Guys site. From that pic, it does look like they're taking parking spaces away from 6D.

Just an update on this.  This is NOT replacing the large tent tailgates put on by the Alumni/Bulls Club. It is in addition to. But this company will be running the large tent tailgates this year.

• Upvote 2

I went to this company's site and they provide little info.  So I wrote and asked for prices and what's included. They sent me a price list that didn't include what you get for the price.  If their tailgates are set up like their promotional stuff I'm a bit concerned.  Price changes per game.  For a tent, table and chairs the cheapest game is $250 and the most expensive is $350.  But they don't detail the different levels of premium.

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

For a tent, table and chairs the cheapest game is $250 and the most expensive is $350

So for $250 you get the following with food being extra...

VARSITY PACKAGE

For your family or a small group of friends, the Varsity Package can comfortably accommodate 10 to 20 guests. The Varsity Package includes the following:

• flag.png    Premium reserved location
  • tent.png    10'x10' Tent
  • chair.png    5 Tailgate chairs
  • big-table.png    6' Table with linens
  • signage.png    Personalized sign
  • *Option for catering and beverage

https://tailgateguys.com/home/usf

Going to be very interesting to see the utilization of this company ...... by USF fans. Possible that visiting fans may go this route more.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Jesus, have we got to the point where one can't make their own tailgate? I can see a few exception might exist but there are only 13 games a year, setting up and planning is part of the fun! 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jesus, have we got to the point where one can't make their own tailgate? I can see a few exception might exist but there are only 13 games a year, setting up and planning is part of the fun! 

Actually there's only 6 or 7 games for tailgating a year, 8 this year. Company has a pretty high profile clientele list so there's obviously a market out there .... but I'm with you, the planning and setting up is part of the whole tailgating experience and would seem incomplete without it. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Actually there's only 6 or 7 games for tailgating a year, 8 this year. Company has a pretty high profile clientele list so there's obviously a market out there .... but I'm with you, the planning and setting up is part of the whole tailgating experience and would seem incomplete without it. 

This is the way to go if you are attending a road game with a larger group. I would love to utilize their services for a big road game....now, if only we had a big road game....I would consider using their services for Georgia Tech in 2019 and Texas in 2020 if they are still in business.