• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Season Prediction

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

The countdown is on for football and while I'm going to be very sad to see summer go (remember, I live in the NE) fall means football.  Anyway, I thought it was time to make our predictions for the season.  Here goes:

Provided this team stays healthy, specifically at QB, I see us at 10-2.  IMO our D will be improved, but it's still mostly the same personnel.  You know I'll be watching our defensive captain very closely.  He needs to be in position and make tackles. 

As for the O, MM and RA will be very hard to replace.  QF's numbers from LY will be tough to replicate. 

I think we struggle more than people think.  I'll be at the game in Conn on 9/9 and they always play us tough up there.  Illinois will not be a pushover like most think.  Houston will be prepared for us as will Cincy.  Pay close attention to ECU as they will not forget CWT's actions in the final minutes of their game in Tampa.  If they get shots at QF expect them to take them often and this one could get very "chippy".

My hope is it all comes down to Orlando on Turkey Day Weekend.  What a way to end the season and it would be great to beat them for the division title.

10-2. 

We shall see.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

12-0; our schedule is soft as baby ****.... we better run it with the coaches and talent we have... Zero excuses for being out coached or out "athleted"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

12-0; our schedule is soft as baby ****.... we better run it with the coaches and talent we have... Zero excuses for being out coached or out "athleted"

Amen.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I understand that it is difficult to run the table, no matter the conference. Especially when you're predicting something that a program has never done before. 

With that being said, I'm predicting 12-0. This is why. Not only is our schedule weak compared to most P5 schools, it is set up absolutely perfect given the situation. 

This team will make mistakes early. It is to be expected with the new systems, new leadership etc. However we get 2 weeks to iron those things out before our first real road test.

I get that Uconn plays us tough, but I'd much rather go up there Week 3 than say @ECU or @ Tulane. They too have a new coach and lost key players. 

By the time Illinois shows up to Tampa, this team will have things rolling. 

We have all the "toss up" games at home. No weeknight road games that has every fan base worried about.

Another thing I think gets overlooked when browsing the schedule is the Bye week before Tulsa. That team can play and score in a hurry. A late season bye week like that can make all the difference before playing an uptempo, tough offense like Tulsa. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I am concerned myself after reviewing some of these other schools.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we've won five straight games against UConn-as soon as Edsall left they started losing in bunches outside of 2015. 

If the defensive personnel are tackling like they should be and getting turnovers more often, I will be happy. 

There will be a drop-off because MM and RA were home run threats on every single play. I love the size and athleticism we have on the field to replace them (four talented, fast players over 6'4 is going to be hard for any defense on our schedule to handle), but it's not clear if they are faster than RA was. 

I also remember how strong coached at UL. He never dominated opponents unless they were really awful. Even our 2013 team hung around for 20 minutes of game time against them. They won...but they did so by grinding teams into the ground over four quarters. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

55 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

45 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

Amen.

20 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I understand that it is difficult to run the table, no matter the conference. Especially when you're predicting something that a program has never done before. 

With that being said, I'm predicting 12-0. This is why. Not only is our schedule weak compared to most P5 schools, it is set up absolutely perfect given the situation. 

This team will make mistakes early. It is to be expected with the new systems, new leadership etc. However we get 2 weeks to iron those things out before our first real road test.

I get that Uconn plays us tough, but I'd much rather go up there Week 3 than say @ECU or @ Tulane. They too have a new coach and lost key players. 

By the time Illinois shows up to Tampa, this team will have things rolling. 

We have all the "toss up" games at home. No weeknight road games that has every fan base worried about.

Another thing I think gets overlooked when browsing the schedule is the Bye week before Tulsa. That team can play and score in a hurry. A late season bye week like that can make all the difference before playing an uptempo, tough offense like Tulsa. 

I spy 3 guys that will be disappointed.  :shade:

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

22 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I spy 3 guys that will be disappointed.  :shade:

I'm only disappointed when I pee and it DOESN'T burn

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

11-1. It's too hard to go undefeated. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

11-2.  I'm sure this will get some flak, but I'm maybe I'm just guarding myself against the hopes for a 12-0 season (plus AAC Champ Win, and a tough bowl game).

I just worry that the D hasn't had time to improve significantly; we have a ton of talent on O (but did lose 2 NFLers in Mack & Adams); injuries are always a risk to key players; almost entirely new coaching staff; and EVERYONE will be gunning for USF, as the G5 team trying to run the table (especially the dudes in Orlando).

I hope I'm wrong, and I'll get to as many games as I can, screaming as loud as I can.  I think we have the talent & schedule to run the table, but I know that are so many things that can trip up perfection.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

12-0

(+)A senior QF- have to think he remained as good or better

(+)New Defense- have to be better even if bad

(-)Losing Mack-  I think DJ can be special in his senior year. Unknown with Tice returning and the youngins.

(+) Recievers- Losing RA hurts but I think the WR group will be solid, believe McCants will be the leader. Also, I think Dillon and Wilcox will be used more. Expect Dillon to have a huge year!

(+) Easier Schedule