• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future OOC Football Schedule

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

9 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I am only criticizing the quality of OOC games that he has gotten thus far. After killing it in his first year with series against BYU, GT, and Texas ...

Kind of contradictory, don't ya think?

The fact that he did sign those series obviously indicates he's not averse to them so I'm not sure why he would have stopped trying to get them. What he hasn't done yet is sign an away "pay" game and we don't know if that's because he hasn't tried or because he hasn't found anyone to dance with ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

If our OOC schedule was Ohio State, Oklahoma, Clemson, Alabama and Michigan (all at home) many would find a reason to whine.  I can hear it now, "it's to hot", "poor game start time", "traffic is terrible", "schedule is to tough", "Tampa Times hates us, all the press is on the visiting team", "my tickets are to expensive" and the list goes on and on and on. 

Just go to the games that you are able to attend and have fun with fellow Bulls fans, friends and family.  Try find the good in attending games and cheering on our team.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

Teams in better conferences can get away with cupcake games. This SJSU stuff needs to stop and we need to play serious teams for all of the OOC games. 

We don't need 1-1 games. Just take the one away game deal and go with it.

Serious question - Who has he added? I think he got Illinois and Texas then a bunch of mid range schools.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I think the following quote is a good indicator of your implication of that very notion:

If you don't think he's started, then it stands to reason you think he is not working on it yet.  Simple logic of your own statements.

I get it, yes behind the scenes he very well could be working on trying to schedule bigger programs. But not scheduling any team of value since 2014 makes me question his tactics. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Here is the model:

I-AA Home

I-A Power 5 Home as part of a 1 for 1

I-A Power 5 Road as part of a 1 for 1

Wildcard game (maybe a 1 for 1 I-A Group 5 game, Maybe a 2 for 1 series like Texas, maybe a 2 for 1 series where we get 2 home games like Liberty)

The first and last slot on my list are easy to fill, the trick is filling the middle two and not getting schools like Wisconsin to cancel the return game. 

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Some schools don't want to play us and they don't have to.   That is the crux of the issue.  There conference schedule is difficult enough that why would they risk losing to us.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

If our OOC schedule was Ohio State, Oklahoma, Clemson, Alabama and Michigan (all at home) many would find a reason to whine.  I can hear it now, "it's to hot", "poor game start time", "traffic is terrible", "schedule is to tough", "Tampa Times hates us, all the press is on the visiting team", "my tickets are to expensive" and the list goes on and on and on. 

Just go to the games that you are able to attend and have fun with fellow Bulls fans, friends and family.  Try find the good in attending games and cheering on our team.

Go Bulls!

Preach it brother! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

The first and last slot on my list are easy to fill, the trick is filling the middle two and not getting schools like Wisconsin to cancel the return game. 

Wasn't Wisconsin just moved, as of now? Are you thinking of Michigan State ...

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

I saw Wisconsin on the schedule.  I think you are right on Michigan State. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

This season, unfortunately, is the worst OOC schedule we have had in a long time. It just sucks that it coincides with the best team we have had in a long time (and possibly ever). I wouldn't be too alarmed with our future scheduling, at least not in the short run. In 2018 we replace SJSU with a respectable Georgia Tech home game. 2019 we are scheduled to host Wisconsin and go on the road to Georgia Tech, and we have Central Michigan, so we are just lacking the 1-AA team. 2020 we have the first road game at Texas, and, even thought he rest of the schedule is light, that has the potential to be a great match-up. We could use one more decent opponent in 2021, but we are already slated to host BYU, so a middle of the pack P5 team would be sufficient. Finally, in 2022, we are scheduled to host Texas and play at BYU. 

We do need to try and start locking in some bigger named schools for 2023 and beyond, but, as of right now, 2018 to 2022 are shaping up to be decent. Here is a link to our future schedule for those interested. 

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/aac/usf-bulls.php