• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game vs the Gators today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I can tip my hat to the Gators.  But I'm not afraid to tell you that my key to winning this particular game was...getting our starter to the 6th and still being in the game...that left us 4 innings to go with Joe C and AP.  Well, with Shane only going 2+ it seemed a bit dire...however Valdes pitched good enough for a few innings to get us in that very situation.  Joe C went 3 scoreless, and AP did pretty much the same.  I felt great all night.  It was all coming into my master plan of us beating the Gators in Gainesville, only we couldn't get their ******* closer out of the game.  It was our game to win.  Kingston blew it early on too.  Not blaming him, but its definitely a big part of the game.  The Gators did not win this game, we however did lose it.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

We had this game, but didn't take advantage of the opportunities. 

We had this game, but UF has some really good pitchers. 

5 hours ago, JoeB said:

Once again, Kingston changed the lineup.  Good idea?  I'm not so sure.  Villar had his absolute worst game of the year...Borders, pretty much the same.  And Leal...what can I say...a guy that drove in about 12 all year, batting in the 5 spot for the first time all year?  Very questionable.  I know you want to mix things up and put a spark in the lineup, but I think it was a terrible move.  And then when you talk about the pseudo squeeze with a guy batting .380...its a terrible game by the coach.  He has to be better.  His team battled their asses off...into extra innings no less...we had the Gators exactly where we wanted them, and we lost.  Put this loss on Kingston 

I disagree. Good call, bad execution. Even with your .380 hitter, it is way more likely you get the squeeze than a base hit off Faedo. Gotta go for the low hanging fruit there in a tight ball game against a pitcher of that caliber. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

I disagree. Good call, bad execution. Even with your .380 hitter, it is way more likely you get the squeeze than a base hit off Faedo. Gotta go for the low hanging fruit there in a tight ball game against a pitcher of that caliber. 

This. One run is the game. 38% chance of a hit is a lot less than a bunt. Basically, Merrell did the only thing that wouldn't have scored the run.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

UF may be heading to the CWS. Tip my cap to USF for a heck of a season. The late season collapse in AAC hurt as I believe USF would have been hosting. USF needs to make sure Kingston stays 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I hadn't watched baseball since the 1990s.

It was very close and somebody was going to win it. I think it was unfortunate with that error that gave them a run. After that, I think it all went downhill.

It's not over! Chin up, Bulls!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Just watched WVU try and a squeeze in their game. 4-3 game in the 7th, men on second and third, one of their best hitters up. That puts Kingston, the WVU coach, you, and me in the same boat in regards to trying to take runs whenever you can get them.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Just watched WVU try and a squeeze in their game. 4-3 game in the 7th, men on second and third, one of their best hitters up. That puts Kingston, the WVU coach, you, and me in the same boat in regards to trying to take runs whenever you can get them.

Count me in that boat too, thinking about the futility of the majority of our lineup against Faedo to that point.  

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

I should know; I've been to 3 Marlins games.