• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is our 2017 schedule really as bad as it seems?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

WMU managed to score Michigan on 16 months notice. They're slated for a 2018 game @ Michigan that was finalized a couple weeks ago. Also, Michigan is paying them $1.2 million to play it.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2017/05/04/michigan-football-scheduling/101287960/

Again, I don't know what efforts Harlan made, but a school that just went nearly undefeated locked up a top 5 opponent on less than two years' notice AND is getting paid to do it.

I'll suggest that Big Blue doesn't make that deal if Fleck's still there and last year's 13-1 starting qb was a sophomore ...

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

As pathetically hokey as it sounds, I measure a schedule as to whether USF is on it and it passes that test. I understand where you're coming from but should we prepare for 7 months (or until we lose) of this ******** and moaning about it?

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Not at all. If we lose, it's a moot point. If we run the table, we're the only ones to blame.

If someone has to be blamed (I assume for no NY6 bowl), it would be MH since the buck stops with him and we're not privy to any information that could alter that blame ... 

I guess my problem with all this is that we've never even won a conference championship and there's just a ton of preemptive ******** this year about where we will or won't go IF we do this year.

My problem is also that I lose sight sometimes of what message boards' functions are, especially this time of year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Serious question, what do you think about an OCS?

12 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We already have 5 so I'm good for now ....

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Big Time schools want to play in an OCS, perhaps this schedule wouldn't suck so bad if we played the games at our OCS 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Big Time schools want to play in an OCS, perhaps this schedule wouldn't suck so bad if we played the games at our OCS 

Agreed!!!! I remember how embarrassed Maryland was when they came to RJS to play USF in front of about 15k fans. Their coach could not believe how dead the atmosphere was that they almost lost because of it. They won't be back 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Agreed!!!! I remember how embarrassed Maryland was when they came to RJS to play USF in front of about 15k fans. Their coach could not believe how dead the atmosphere was that they almost lost because of it. They won't be back 

Hahaha... I had a bigger crowd for my last dump than Maryland had for their Spring game. They should be embarrassed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

This schedule might be the best thing that happened to USF with the coaching change.  It will let them work out some early season kinks and we should win all of our games.  If we can win the confernece championship while remaining undefeated, to me. this gives us a best chance at crashing the party than a 1 or 2 loss team that has absolutely no shot at all.  We're still going to be ranked and if Q is looking all crazy Madden numbers while we are taking care of business, no telling what we can do.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

This schedule might be the best thing that happened to USF with the coaching change.  It will let them work out some early season kinks and we should win all of our games.  If we can win the confernece championship while remaining undefeated, to me. this gives us a best chance at crashing the party than a 1 or 2 loss team that has absolutely no shot at all.  We're still going to be ranked and if Q is looking all crazy Madden numbers while we are taking care of business, no telling what we can do.  

true but usf's scheduling philosophy may have hurt during last round of p5 conference expansion

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Yes, on paper this schedule is terrible.