• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tulsa now a Thursday Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm taking my son because he is a Bucs fan.  It's better than experimenting with drugs, lately, maybe.

Road trip of about 25 miles and likely 90 minutes.  You should come out.

Is that a general invite for us left-coasters, or just for Trip? :D

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm taking my son because he is a Bucs fan.  It's better than experimenting with drugs, lately, maybe.

Road trip of about 25 miles and likely 90 minutes.  You should come out.

I don't know, if my sons are debating being Bucs fans or experimenting with drugs, I'm going to have find out what drugs.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

24 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I don't know, if my sons are debating being Bucs fans or experimenting with drugs, I'm going to have find out what drugs.

That is just so wrong.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:
51 minutes ago, JTrue said:

That is just so wrong.

Mebbe so, but hilarious, nonetheless!

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That is just so wrong.

I guess that's not entirely fair, the Bucs are right up there with experimenting with Ambien.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Ambien is the devil

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/21/2017 at 3:04 PM, Skingraft said:

22,000 butts in seats here we come.. I like the TV exposure, but a Thursday night game against a **** team doesn't exactly bring out the casual fan who has to get up the next day and go to work... would love to be wrong

I wouldn't say they're a chit team.

That offense could light our defense up if we didn't learn to tackle.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Some perspective: Our "nationally" televised games from last year were as follows (doesn't include games on CBS Sports Network, as they aren't rated/measured) 

FSU - 2.6 million

South Carolina - 2.3 million

Temple - 1.3 million

Navy - 556,000

Memphis - 169,000

Cincinnati - 144,000

For all the hemming and hawing by our fans, it would certainly seem to be extremely advantageous from a National exposure perspective to be playing weeknight games. I would venture to guess that if our game against Temple was on Saturday night instead of Friday night, viewership would have been between 200 and 300k. Getting between 4 to 6 times the amount of eyes on the awesome and exciting product that USF football is putting on the field is worth being inconvenienced and only being able to tailgate for an hour or two 3 times this season, IMO. I encourage everyone to sacrifice the hour of sleep, get a babysitter for the night if need be, and support what could end up being a Top 10 team this season. 

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

22 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Perhaps we will see some tickets deals or free tickets to selected games for Lightning season ticket holders to get them exposed to USF football, especially on those games where we don't expect high demand.  I know we have a sign on one of the boards at Amelie, but I would expect to see a lot more USF marketing at home hockey games.

I thought the reason attendance was down at USF games on the same nights the Lightning play is because all the Lightning fans are season ticket holders.  :stirpot:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

16 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Some perspective: Our "nationally" televised games from last year were as follows (doesn't include games on CBS Sports Network, as they aren't rated/measured) 

FSU - 2.6 million

South Carolina - 2.3 million

Temple - 1.3 million

Navy - 556,000

Memphis - 169,000

Cincinnati - 144,000

For all the hemming and hawing by our fans, it would certainly seem to be extremely advantageous from a National exposure perspective to be playing weeknight games. I would venture to guess that if our game against Temple was on Saturday night instead of Friday night, viewership would have been between 200 and 300k. Getting between 4 to 6 times the amount of eyes on the awesome and exciting product that USF football is putting on the field is worth being inconvenienced and only being able to tailgate for an hour or two 3 times this season, IMO. I encourage everyone to sacrifice the hour of sleep, get a babysitter for the night if need be, and support what could end up being a Top 10 team this season. 

And despite all the above numbers our season ticket base is only up slightly.  National exposure could be good for garnering some votes in polls but it isn't putting fannies in seats.