• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tulsa now a Thursday Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

That's worth about 19,000 right there. Didn't we come to the conclusion the Lightning sucked this year, play a boring sport, and if it weren't for marketing, the arena would have been empty?

You have great conversations with yourself.  

If you're recalling a post by me I defy you to show anywhere I said any of your fake news on my posts. 

The lightning failed to make the playoffs.  That's a fact.  How in your mind they are the best team in the NHL is beyond me.

I know little about hockey.  I don't really like it, much like soccer and tennis.  I do know that if they were the best team in hockey they would have at the very least made the playoffs.

Many people who attend sporting events could care less what goes on with the sport.  Take a walk thru the Club area in any stadium or arena in America.  Loads of people not watching the game. Take a walk thru the parking lot during the game.  Loads of folks who just tailgate and don't even go into the game.

Vinik and his marketing juggernaut will put butts in seats over the next couple of years and beyond because games will be fun for the non fan.

As for you, offer up something in a post beyond just putting people down or a smarty comment.

Go back and look at your last 100 posts.  You offer nothing.  I hope you at least write a check to USF.

Go Bulls!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

28 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

You have great conversations with yourself.  

If you're recalling a post by me I defy you to show anywhere I said any of your fake news on my posts. 

The lightning failed to make the playoffs.  That's a fact.  How in your mind they are the best team in the NHL is beyond me.

I know little about hockey.  I don't really like it, much like soccer and tennis.  I do know that if they were the best team in hockey they would have at the very least made the playoffs.

Many people who attend sporting events could care less what goes on with the sport.  Take a walk thru the Club area in any stadium or arena in America.  Loads of people not watching the game. Take a walk thru the parking lot during the game.  Loads of folks who just tailgate and don't even go into the game.

Vinik and his marketing juggernaut will put butts in seats over the next couple of years and beyond because games will be fun for the non fan.

As for you, offer up something in a post beyond just putting people down or a smarty comment.

Go back and look at your last 100 posts.  You offer nothing.  I hope you at least write a check to USF.

Go Bulls!

Is this where I defy you to show me where I said the Lightning were the best team in the NHL?

And I like to think of myself as a clubhouse guy. One whose contributions go beyond the stat sheet, but are essential to the overall success.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

The great deflector.  Your new screen name should be JSybil.

You offer nothing, just as I said.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

After not looking back at my most recent 100 posts, I have come to the conclusion you're probably correct. As such, I offer my sincere apologies to everyone I've offended and I will stop posting until I have something to say that lives up to rigorous standards you demand from your posters. And you can be sure it will happen, because you've demanded it.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

Okay gents, we wouldn't be like this sitting together in RJS watching the Bulls. 

Let's drop it and get back to the topic.  

This Vinik company is yet to be formed.  How can we have such confidence it will be successful with the USF product?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

JTure ... you turned me on to the shocker video so I have some loyalty but Bkid with the JSybil was **** good. Now as Brad said back to topic and whatever Mr. Vinik Touches  usually turns to gold.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

Perhaps we will see some tickets deals or free tickets to selected games for Lightning season ticket holders to get them exposed to USF football, especially on those games where we don't expect high demand.  I know we have a sign on one of the boards at Amelie, but I would expect to see a lot more USF marketing at home hockey games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

12 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

JTure ... you turned me on to the shocker video so I have some loyalty but Bkid with the JSybil was **** good.

Unless there's another Sybil that I'm not familiar with, that analogy made absolutely no sense. Sybil had multiple personalities ... JTrue's personality pretty much never changes. I'll leave to others how to try and accurately describe that personality.

• Upvote 1

Ricky, you bet there will be synergy between the Bulls and Lightning.  

Vinik does have the Midas touch.  

I just hope we bring back the Bull running thru the crates as the fall off the back of the truck as our opening.  That was great!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

10 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Perhaps we will see some tickets deals or free tickets to selected games for Lightning season ticket holders to get them exposed to USF football, especially on those games where we don't expect high demand.  I know we have a sign on one of the boards at Amelie, but I would expect to see a lot more USF marketing at home hockey games.

This is where the Vinik influence will have it's most impact, IMO .... marketing to get people TO the games. Lightning games and Bulls football games are entirely different entities when talking in game "entertainment" opportunities.