• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Multimedia Rights sold... Interesting read.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

These partnerships are often close to 50-50, so if we are guaranteed $2.9 million, they are probably confident they can sell our rights for about 6 million each year, pay us our part and make profit. 

Here is the good: Vinik is a winner, his group will know the market, they can take the sponsors they have and add USF packages to their lightning packages (and it may open the door for the Lightning to get sponsors from companies that are traditional USF supporters). That guarantee is very good. The fact that it went up is a great sign when compared to the last deal which was signed when we were in the Big East. 

Here is the negative: IMG is the industry leader. They can reach out to a corporate headquarter and sell a sponsorship for 90 schools at once. They have a nationwide media network (radio, production qualities, as of right now we don't have a radio network because all those contracts were with IMG. 

Overall, I think this was a good move for USF. 

Hopefully with this deal, our web and streaming presence will finally climb past " completely unwatchable" into at lest "passable" territory (with hopes for infinity and beyond!)

Also, if they can just get the guy to stop saying "Oooh that's HOT!" I'd call it a win...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Where in my post did I announce my hockey qualifications?  I didnt.  I went to two games.  What brought me back to the second one was the fun I had at the first game.  In not a hockey fan.  To me it's soccer on ice.  I'm thrilled you love it.  As for the Lightning being a good team this year, I don't know.  Perhaps they are best in the NHL.  Seems to me if they were any good they would have made the playoffs.

Vinik knows marketing and my hope is he gets butts in seats at RayJay.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

10 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Hopefully with this deal, our web and streaming presence will finally climb past " completely unwatchable" into at lest "passable" territory (with hopes for infinity and beyond!)

Also, if they can just get the guy to stop saying "Oooh that's HOT!" I'd call it a win...

But it is hot. Hot and humid and just killing the other team's players with that heat. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

As for the Lightning being a good team this year, I don't know.  Perhaps they are best in the NHL.  Seems to me if they were any good they would have made the playoffs.

Image result for you don't get it do you gif

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

If this doesn't include taking a look at the whole online presence as far as customer interaction for Ticketmaster/Bulls Club/Bullsvision that should be something of the highest priority. Was trying to navigate in those this afternoon and it is a ******* mess .... horribly user un-friendly .... if I was in the right places.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

If this doesn't include taking a look at the whole online presence as far as customer interaction for Ticketmaster/Bulls Club/Bullsvision that should be something of the highest priority. Was trying to navigate in those this afternoon and it is a ******* mess .... horribly user un-friendly .... if I was in the right places.

Absolutely...100% correct. Especially with Bullsvision, what terrible product and way over priced for what is delivered.