• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slick Willie pulled a Skip Holtz on this recruiting Class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

It's not CWT's fault, CCS is having a hard time finding players in Florida that are slow enough to run his offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

22 hours ago, Brad said:

This time of year is always funny

Yellow-Stars-89830.gif

Brad, do you have some sort of insider information?  Are we about sign a 12 Star?  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, MMW said:

Brad, do you have some sort of insider information?  Are we about sign a 12 Star?  

There's only been one 12 star in the history of rankings ... a qb from Georgia ... and we completely ignored him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There's only been one 12 star in the history of rankings ... a qb from Georgia ... and we completely ignored him.

As I understand it, there was ironclad interest from TBP.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

47 minutes ago, MMW said:

As I understand it, there was ironclad interest from TBP.  

But not from CWT, the one who really mattered.  Shame, kid was built like a battleship.  We probably would have won multiple NCs if we had signed him.

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

But not from CWT, the one who really mattered.  Shame, kid was built like a battleship.  We probably would have won multiple NCs if we had signed him.

I am sure there are more than one side to that story.  You really need to forge a solid relationship with a kid like that.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Pulled a Holtz?  Do we have an Eveld in this class that I don't know about?  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Stop quoting scout.  Who cares what we are ranked on scout.  Use 24/7.  If not that, then at least ESPN or Rivals.  Right now we have 9 3 stars on 24/7 and the #5 AAC class.  That's not bad for losing a coach and is right there with the rest of our competition.  Give Coach Strong a chance to land some recruits and wait until the final results come in before judging class.  CWT was on target to have another top AAC class before bolting.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

39 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Stop quoting scout.  Who cares what we are ranked on scout.  Use 24/7.  If not that, then at least ESPN or Rivals.  Right now we have 9 3 stars on 24/7 and the #5 AAC class.  That's not bad for losing a coach and is right there with the rest of our competition.  Give Coach Strong a chance to land some recruits and wait until the final results come in before judging class.  CWT was on target to have another top AAC class before bolting.

I agree with most of that but I don't think he was on target to have a top class. I don't remember many other big name recruits, either high 3 star or 4 star in the class of 2017 showing signs that they wanted to come here. There were some 2018 4 star recruits that loved him and probably would have came here had he stayed, but I don't remember anything that gave me hope about an amazing recruiting class for this year.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

25 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

I agree with most of that but I don't think he was on target to have a top class. I don't remember many other big name recruits, either high 3 star or 4 star in the class of 2017 showing signs that they wanted to come here. There were some 2018 4 star recruits that loved him and probably would have came here had he stayed, but I don't remember anything that gave me hope about an amazing recruiting class for this year.

He had around the #3 class at some time before he left and with the way he closes, probably would have ended up in the top 3 also.