• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slick Willie pulled a Skip Holtz on this recruiting Class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I truly believe those familiar with our class, as well as the guys we are legitimately in the hunt for are not nearly as pessimistic as the OP. First of all, Nick Roberts might be the most underrated corner in the entire state. Watch him in the video on his recruiting thread. Kid has it all. Also, it seems we have a legitimate shot for Brini which would give us the best 1-2 CB package we have had in a while relative to recruiting. We are back in the hunt for Demetris Harris which would be a big boost to overall depth up front when paired with Marcellus. At WR, the class is already solid, which could be really good with the addition of Dingle. No matter what happens with the Judson trio, I fully expect this class to be the average at least in terms of skill positions. My only knock is the lack of LBs which could change if schollies open up with Judson and co.

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

What I would like to see is this defense get a monster for the D line...haven't had one in awhile. Don't care how great the corners are if the Dline can't get pressure on the qb.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

What I would like to see is this defense get a monster for the D line...haven't had one in awhile. Don't care how great the corners are if the Dline can't get pressure on the qb.  

While I agree, there is talent currently on the DL. I still truly believe the low pressure numbers had more to do with the "bus stop" defense that Woodie implemented. There's simply no way VJ, Hector etc were that bad. You can see on film the DE not wanting to get upfield to create rush lanes. Expect that to be scrapped by CCS immediately. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

32 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I truly believe those familiar with our class, as well as the guys we are legitimately in the hunt for are not nearly as pessimistic as the OP. First of all, Nick Roberts might be the most underrated corner in the entire state. Watch him in the video on his recruiting thread. Kid has it all. Also, it seems we have a legitimate shot for Brini which would give us the best 1-2 CB package we have had in a while relative to recruiting. We are back in the hunt for Demetris Harris which would be a big boost to overall depth up front when paired with Marcellus. At WR, the class is already solid, which could be really good with the addition of Dingle. No matter what happens with the Judson trio, I fully expect this class to be the average at least in terms of skill positions. My only knock is the lack of LBs which could change if schollies open up with Judson and co.

Don't forget #1 DT in the nation Marvin Wilson who will be taking his last OV to USF this weekend. Do we get him? Probably not but getting him on campus for 3 days means we have a chance. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

While I agree, there is talent currently on the DL. I still truly believe the low pressure numbers had more to do with the "bus stop" defense that Woodie implemented. There's simply no way VJ, Hector etc were that bad. You can see on film the DE not wanting to get upfield to create rush lanes. Expect that to be scrapped by CCS immediately. 

Agree, looking forward to seeing this defense unleashed and not being held back.

• Upvote 1