• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marlon Mack

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

15 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Mack has been dinged up quite a bit this season which is why some games he doesn't quite look himself (ankle, concussion, etc) and Flowers being an absolute monster has hurt his production. I still think he returns because the RB draft is so deep and he will have an opportunity to have a big time year next season and up his guaranteed money in the 18 draft.  

It is deep, but from the article, he's projected as a 3rd/4th round pick. It would be hard to pass up $2.3-2.4 million , so I think he goes. Getting banged up this year will make his decision easier.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, CPR said:

It is deep, but from the article, he's projected as a 3rd/4th round pick. It would be hard to pass up $2.3-2.4 million , so I think he goes. Getting banged up this year will make his decision easier.

I don't trust that projection honestly.  His ball security issues and the fact he's not a bell cow back in an NFL offense will hurt him.  There are a lot of guys that are 20 carry a game type guys in this draft and they will be first priority.  He'll be evaluated as a change of pace guy with ball security issues and i think that slides him back to the 5th round or later with the depth in this draft at RB....

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I don't trust that projection honestly.  His ball security issues and the fact he's not a bell cow back in an NFL offense will hurt him.  There are a lot of guys that are 20 carry a game type guys in this draft and they will be first priority.  He'll be evaluated as a change of pace guy with ball security issues and i think that slides him back to the 5th round or later with the depth in this draft at RB....

I hope he is getting very good advice.  I completely understand if he goes or stays.  At this point I just want what is best for his career.  It is a complex decision.

Losing him will be a hit but it give other guys a chance to shine against that Murderer's Row aka AAC we face next year.

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

NFL RBs need to consistently get the dirty yards not sure if Mack has shown that he can get those yards on a consistent basis.. If he gets a 3rd or 4th Round grade then he is probably gone. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bulls1181 said:

NFL RBs need to consistently get the dirty yards not sure if Mack has shown that he can get those yards on a consistent basis.. If he gets a 3rd or 4th Round grade then he is probably gone. 

Not all of them. Some are specific for certain plays. Patriots have made a living using specific backs out of the backfield catching balls. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Its crazy how the best RB and QB in USF history are both playing on the same team. 

What a time to be alive.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not all of them. Some are specific for certain plays. Patriots have made a living using specific backs out of the backfield catching balls. 

In the right system he will do well. I just dont think that he is an every down back right now. With time and a little more weight you never know.. He has the vision, speed and great lateral cutting ability to stay in the NFL