• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Way to go Arky State!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Waiting for the rest of the story. Where's the Arkansas State board so we can check in and tell them we feel the same way and that not all Florida teams are dbags?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Has to be more to the story than that ... the UCF AD and Frost can't be that oblivious.

This. I can't imagine the school being so close & tied with Orlando activities would ignore an opportunity in their own community. I hope for their sake that they put our a press response.

I'll drop this here (apologies if already dropped):

http://www.scout.com/college/arkansas-state/story/1739169-inside-at-the-cure-bowl-part-one

Anderson explained, “No, that’s not their whole team.  I think they only sent their scout team to be honest.  Their coaches aren’t even here either.” 

Wow.  I say wow because this bowl game is different than most.  It’s called the ‘Cure Bowl’ because beyond football, the purpose of this event is to give back and donate the proceeds to breast cancer research.  Last year the bowl officials wrote a $1million check for research.  I guess the point is that this is a bowl that was centered on giving back to those who need help.  This was the first moment I took a mental note, “Which team wants to be here most?”  Mark one down for the Red Wolves.

The event was an awesome experience.  Coach Anderson and his players packaged over 20,000 meals for children and their families.  Each box they filled could feed a family of four for a month.  They guys had fun with the event too.  As the organizers generated some fun competition with it the Red Wolves’ players got more hyped up and started cheering each other on to do more.  At the same time they started challenging the Knights’ players to do the same.  There wasn’t much of a response back.

Coach Anderson remarked, “I’m proud of our guys.  They came in here excited to help those in need and it showed.  We packed all of our boxes, and then we went ahead and packed half of UCF’s boxes too.”

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

That's surprising. Doesn't UCF offer degrees in Box Assembly and Box Packing.Seems like a lost opportunity.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

That's surprising. Doesn't UCF offer degrees in Box Assembly and Box Packing.Seems like a lost opportunity.

:lmao:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502

11 hours ago, Dogma said:

Part of the week activities were for the players to visit a local children's hospital and food packaging for the needy.

Apparently ucf decided to send their scout team rather than the starters.

Well,  obviously Ucf used that time for game prep.   :lmao:  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

45 minutes ago, TheBullies said:

I'll drop this here (apologies if already dropped):

http://www.scout.com/college/arkansas-state/story/1739169-inside-at-the-cure-bowl-part-one

NO CLASS

GENUINE JERKS

UNGRATEFUL 

After being 0-12 last year they should show some more gratitude to bowl sponsor and the expected activities. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Wow they packed half of UCFs boxes too. That would hurt.

If you're a team that is genuinely excited to travel to Orlando to play in a bowl and you encounter these clowns, I'd be a little miffed, too.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Has UCF commented on this? When I think I couldn't hate UCF anymore...they prove me wrong.

• Upvote 1