• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Bowl Thread Discussion (s)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, Capital H said:

Does anybody else find it ****** up Central Florida wore all black for a game sponsored by a cancer group?

No.

Would you rather they wear all pink?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  1

I hope UCF's recruits were watching to see what they're signing up for. There's still time to save themselves.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I hope the USF coaching staff is taking note of both of these games today for the conference.  Hopefully they will be reminding the players to stay focused regardless of the changes that have taken place. 

Also could take note of last year's bowl.  Lots of notes to take...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

Nothing says "P6" like getting trounced by San Diego State and Arkansas State. Kind of disappointing to say the least. Hopefully we can put it on South Carolina and save face for the conference a little.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

Only game i have missed on so far in the UCF game

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

UCF wasn't very good this year...yes they won 6 games, but they beat absolutely nobody.  Our division in the AAC was way down...has UConn, Cincinnati, and ECU ever been this bad in the same year combined?  I had Arky State and the points today and never felt threatened.  UCF will be better next year, but we still have too much as long as QF is healthy

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

Houston's season reminded me a bit of our 2007 season. Both reached the top 10 (us #2, Houston #6), both won their two highest profile games (us Auburn & WVU, them Oklahoma & Louisville), both ended up with three conference losses, and both got walloped in their bowl games, finishing unranked, with 9-4 records.

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Houston's season reminded me a bit of our 2007 season. Both reached the top 10 (us #2, Houston #6), both won their two highest profile games (us Auburn & WVU, them Oklahoma & Louisville), both ended up with three conference losses, and both got walloped in their bowl games, finishing unranked, with 9-4 records.

And they lose their coach to boot!

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, charsibb said:

No.

Would you rather they wear all pink?

I am not sure why it would have to be one or the other? I am obviously over thinking it, but with black typically representing death/mourning in US culture, you would think someone would have put 2+2 together and maybe thrown in a gold helmet or pants?

Maybe it was a self fulfilling prophecy of how they were about to get murdered by Arkansas State.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, JoeB said:

UCF wasn't very good this year...yes they won 6 games, but they beat absolutely nobody.  Our division in the AAC was way down...has UConn, Cincinnati, and ECU ever been this bad in the same year combined?  I had Arky State and the points today and never felt threatened.  UCF will be better next year, but we still have too much as long as QF is healthy

I dunno, this is only the 3rd or 4th season all 3 have been in the same conference. I dont remember Uconn and Cinci sucking this bad at the same time though. Uconn was always up and down. Cinci seems to always be around 7-5, except for those 2 seasons where they won or shared the Big East right?

I think UCF takes a huge step back next year. They have like 7 of their starters on defense graduating, their offensive line is abysmal, and I just can't fathom that midget QB making any sort of progress. I would fully expect one of their true Freshman QB's to get starts next year, and expect a carousal at that position all year. I think their RB's are actually talented, but with no line will struggle to make an impact. They do have that stud WR for at least 1 more season. Its amazing to me that they keep bringing in big, physical, NFL receivers and USF's best prospect at that position was Carlton Mitchell.

Looking at their 17 schedule (last thing on Knights from me this season), They have Memphis, Navy, and SMU from the other division, with Navy and SMU on the road. Thats a tough draw. Out of conference they have to go to Maryland, and face Georgia Tech at home. I could easily see them being 2-2 OOC, and then finishing with 2 wins in conference depending on how things shake out.

Up next for the American is Tulsa on Monday @ 2:30. Lets go Golden Hurricanes, get the conference on the board!