• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Feels Right Again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Back when we were #2...  good to feel this way

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. And is why I wear my Bulls gear all the time........a small way to advertise for the team. Most of the time it is in Pensacola but even there I get a :GoBulls: every once in awhile.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Been through a lot as a fan. Vibes couldnt be better now though. Buying bowl tix tomorrow!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Be sure and ask Santa for ****-tons of Bulls gear!!!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Make it happen.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

My wardrobe is all green and gold and I plan on growing it this Christmas and years to come. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I'd say we're putting more and more space between where we went were in our worst moments, and are now....in fact, getting closer now to where we were in the day in terms of potential.  Perhaps wounds are healing a bit - Leavitt being sacked, Willie departing.

And I don't need anyone that started supporting this program in the last 5-10 years to tell me different.  During the Big East years we competed against conference teams currently residing in Big10, ACC and Big 12.  We're in a different conference now and should win more games.  There could be a great argument about how the Big East aided our recruiting, but we were still so young, I don't think it made the difference it could have if given a longer run.  Willie did a masterful job getting talent to USF here over last four years.  

Regardless, here is my plea.  We have to keep the excitement level up.  We have a game in 2 weeks.  That will drive interest.  But after that, it seems most people go into hibernation until Spring Practice.

I like having this bully pulpit, although it is not as influential as it once was.  But WE have to do more as fans.  We have to talk football 365 days of the year (and other sports).  I'm not even saying it has to be here.  It does have to be on local radio shows, online and to our friends, in person.

I know Mr. Harlan and USF folks can't come on here in public. but I think - if they could - they would say they agree.  We have to drive interest, help sell tickets and talk the program up among our contacts.

So why don't we plan to do this?  This was the blueprint in the late 90s and the early 00s.  Tell the story to some friends.  You gotta see this Marquel guy!  Or this Grothe kid is a competitor!  What about Selvie tackling a QB as he receives the snap?  

Quinton and Marlon are incredible to watch.  The offense was absolutely fun to watch this season.  Spread the word.  Keep the conversation alive.  People need to see QF and MM.  They might have missed Rodney Adams, but there's time on those guys and group of upcoming underclassmen.

Join me in helping old Skingraft feel like he's right there where he used to be where the program has a positive arc and limitless potential.  Where 50-60 thousand show up for a game.  Maybe we do that and good things start to happen.  

Just give it a try between now and next August.  That's all we can ask of each other.

And join the **** Bulls Club, no matter you're located ... If you're out of the area and can afford to, buy season tix and donate, or even give away on here. I think we've got some that do that already which is awesome.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Totally agree with everything above.  Also, Bulls fans don't go in to hibernation till the Spring Game cause crutin' season kicks in to high gear in January.  I'm really interested to see who CCS can bring in to the fold.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

11 hours ago, Brad said:

Regardless, here is my plea.  We have to keep the excitement level up.  We have a game in 2 weeks.  That will drive interest.  But after that, it seems most people go into hibernation until Spring Practice.

I like having this bully pulpit, although it is not as influential as it once was.  But WE have to do more as fans.  We have to talk football 365 days of the year (and other sports).  I'm not even saying it has to be here.  It does have to be on local radio shows, online and to our friends, in person.

Talk up your Bulls at every opportunity provided. It helps!