• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So with the Strong contract done..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

True. Willie has no patience for his career goals.

I 100% agree with this. 

But I mean he did go to Oregon after all those bowl wins, conference championships, and power 5 wins. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, hm101 said:

So we dont know who is coming over and even if they do, they could leave and Strong could be stuck with a tiny assistant pool in years 2 and 3? seems unwise...

Those guys might be back on contract here

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

4 hours ago, Bullshiznitz said:

Year 2 will absolutely be a step back...hopefully the fan base realizes this.  Even hoping that we have good backups to help fill in, you just don't lose talent like Flowers, Mack, and the Junkyard Dog (not to mention Adams who is gone after this year), and expect to stay at the same level.  I guess the only hope is that he helps make huge strides on the defensive side by then that might mitigate some of the offensive drop off.  I think year 3 is where we start to see how his recruits and "his" team truly starts looking.  

If Strong brings Gilbert and let's him do his thing we are going to be running some manifestation of the air raid offense...hopefully a more balanced version utilizing a mobile QB.  those offenses have proven to be effective fairly independent of personnel.

I'm really not concerned with the offenses future. of course I would expect some regression but like you say we have so much potential improvement on defense to offset that. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  20

7 hours ago, Brad said:

When do we expect to hear the movement among the assistants to and from USF?

I'm assuming that he is keeping a lot of his Texas staff.  Reason is, they said his Staff budget will go up after the buyout ends.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On a typical staff, the only assistants with multiple year contracts are the DC and OC, if any. They might have some guranteed money from Texas.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, slowdown said:

If Strong brings Gilbert and let's him do his thing we are going to be running some manifestation of the air raid offense...hopefully a more balanced version utilizing a mobile QB.  those offenses have proven to be effective fairly independent of personnel.

I'm really not concerned with the offenses future. of course I would expect some regression but like you say we have so much potential improvement on defense to offset that. 

Our current offense is far from air raid... much more like a land siege. So to go to a heavy passing offense will take a lot of changes. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

On a typical staff, the only assistants with multiple year contracts are the DC and OC, if any. They might have some guranteed money from Texas.

AUSTIN – When Charlie Strong hired his initial staff at Texas in 2014 all nine of his on-field assistant coaches had multi-year guaranteed contracts.

The Longhorns are also going to have to cover the guaranteed money owed to Strong’s assistant coaches, which is expected to approach nearly $7 million total.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/fenves-perrin-expect-to-give-texas-assistants-guaranteed-deals/amp/?client=safari

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

AUSTIN – When Charlie Strong hired his initial staff at Texas in 2014 all nine of his on-field assistant coaches had multi-year guaranteed contracts.

The Longhorns are also going to have to cover the guaranteed money owed to Strong’s assistant coaches, which is expected to approach nearly $7 million total.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/fenves-perrin-expect-to-give-texas-assistants-guaranteed-deals/amp/?client=safari

Yikes. That's a cush deal for a lot of assistants.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Seems our current assistants will all be out of a job. 

Edited by DELdaBull
Bad English