• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wille Taggart to coach Oregon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Sucks to be in the minors.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

I can't fault him, but....

It is very possibly just me, but College Football is slowly dying to me. The inequalities of the haves vs. have-nots is quickly taking all of the joy out of the sport for me. In the space of a week, the AAC has now lost ALL THREE of its top coaches. I'm slowly concluding that it's basically impossible for any of the G5 schools to get into "big time" football because no one else wants any more "P5-level" schools. Not the media companies, not the other schools, and not the other fans. Basically, the only people who want G5 schools to move "up" are those very G5 schools and they have no actual power to make it happen.

So the G5 schools are now stuck in a system where they will be continually poached for coaching talent... over and over and over again. This will ensure that the P5 schools keep getting an influx of good young coaches, and it will ensure that the top-level G5 schools will stay there in the G5.

Sort of like a minor league system for p5. Ehhh

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

22 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

CWT is dead to me....

I'm with you on this one. I don't see why someone would work hard to turn around 2 teams, then leave before finishing. It's all about the money 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

****, this stinks.  What a bad Christmas present. 

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Its a reality for us that many major programs don't face.  We might have known it before but this is the first time a Coach has left on his own accord.  G5 is the main reason.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

I'm with you on this one. I don't see why someone would work hard to turn around 2 teams, then leave before finishing. It's all about the money 

Then you might wanna change this:

gS7Kw3k.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

I can't fault him, but....

It is very possibly just me, but College Football is slowly dying to me. The inequalities of the haves vs. have-nots is quickly taking all of the joy out of the sport for me. In the space of a week, the AAC has now lost ALL THREE of its top coaches. I'm slowly concluding that it's basically impossible for any of the G5 schools to get into "big time" football because no one else wants any more "P5-level" schools. Not the media companies, not the other schools, and not the other fans. Basically, the only people who want G5 schools to move "up" are those very G5 schools and they have no actual power to make it happen.

So the G5 schools are now stuck in a system where they will be continually poached for coaching talent... over and over and over again. This will ensure that the P5 schools keep getting an influx of good young coaches, and it will ensure that the top-level G5 schools will stay there in the G5.

Bingo! I used to hate profootball because it was a bunch of grown ass men playing a game for way too much money. I loved college football because of the atmosphere, the band, the amateurism and the memories. Now I realize it's all just a money machine and a broken system designed to keep a select few on top. The players get taken advantage of for free labor. If there is a 100% chance of not being able to play for a national championship then what's the point?

this is going to be a major setback for USF football. Even if the next guy keeps on winning I think this will leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth. 

Must  be nice to a Alabama and the like fan

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

Just now, JoeB said:

Its a reality for us that many major programs don't face.  We might have known it before but this is the first time a Coach has left on his own accord.  G5 is the main reason.

Yup. We are now officially a stepping-stone school.