• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you think of Lane Kiffin?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

SBNation is reporting that Kiffin will be our top target if Taggart bolts for Oregon. 

Good move? 

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/5/13846074/lane-kiffin-south-florida-football-coach-alabama-houston-lsu

Edited by tau.reanb
Added URL to story

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

HELL NO!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The only good things I can think of is that, first, I'm sure P5 teams saw how his transition from Tennessee to USC went down and they will look for a track record of success with him instead of prying him away from us after a year if we do well.  

Second, the man does know offense.  Offense is the best part of our team.  He'd probably do well with QF as long as he didn't try to change who QF is.  Plus, he has experience in a pro-style which could help out with our backups Kean/Oladukon.  

It may be worth a shot if CWT bolts.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

One more thing:  Lane Kiffin and the name would most likely put butts in seats at RayJay, or at least would have the best chance to do so.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180

He's struggled at his previous stops. He is succeeding at Bama, but so would I with freaking talent they have up there. Pass.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809

The one good thing I can say is that at least he's a high-profile name. If we end up losing Taggart to Oregon, I'd rather get a household name than some unknown guy. 

Also, I wonder who is leaking this? I'm thinking someone in the USF admin is trying to get it out there that we're not idly sitting by and letting other programs court our coach. Maybe they're also trying to improve their negotiating leverage if Taggart does come back and look for an extension. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

The one good thing I can say is that at least he's a high-profile name. If we end up losing Taggart to Oregon, I'd rather get a household name than some unknown guy. 

Also, I wonder who is leaking this? I'm thinking someone in the USF admin is trying to get it out there that we're not idly sitting by and letting other programs court our coach. Maybe they're also trying to improve their negotiating leverage if Taggart does come back and look for an extension. 

Kiffin's manager is leaking it.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

This may be a short sighted view, but I think capitalizing on our opportunity to do amazing things next year should be our number one priority, and I think Kiffin would be perfect for that. I think he'd be able to step in and allow the offense to flourish. He wouldn't be here for more than 2 or 3 years, but if he can transition smoothly and go 11-1/12-0 with a conf. champ and a Peach bowl birth next year, I'll gladly help him pack his bags on the way out. I just still feel like he thinks way too highly of himself to ever come here.

Edited by goldenbrahm1996