• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BBall game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

So exhibition season is over so now we get a little more of a feel for what we're going to look like during conf play .... Anybody know what game Manderson activates for?

I think Manderson will be available for SC on the 17th...if he made grades

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Shooting is improved this season, particularly from deep. That's a good sign.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

9 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Just not really all that deep, it looks like we're running out of gas and that's kinda understandable. It's a lot to expect of our guys, but they're winning these early games and that's at least something.

McMurray is available tomorrow and Manderson the game after that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, Viking_Bull said:

A win is a win. Santos has been a pleasant surprise recently, but Guerrero has been a disappointment so far. Hopefully when we get McMurray back we will have fresher legs going into the second half and a shooter who can knock down a jumper from anywhere on the court.

Guerrero is our only legit front-court player right now. Santos has been efficient, but he doesn't play like a bruising PF. I'm hoping Manderson can come on strong. We need serious front-court help. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Guerrero is our only legit front-court player right now. Santos has been efficient, but he doesn't play like a bruising PF. I'm hoping Manderson can come on strong. We need serious front-court help. 

It is amazing how 2 people can watch the same game and see completely opposite things.  I think Santos is much tougher than Guerrero although doesn't have the size.  Rueben goes through entire games, getting more playing time than Santos, and his line reads Points 5, Rebounds 2. He's 7' tall.  He should more rebounds just because he's that tall.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

It is amazing how 2 people can watch the same game and see completely opposite things.  I think Santos is much tougher than Guerrero although doesn't have the size.  Rueben goes through entire games, getting more playing time than Santos, and his line reads Points 5, Rebounds 2. He's 7' tall.  He should more rebounds just because he's that tall.  

Guerrero is typically tasked with defending the other team's tallest players. He causes the opposing teams to redirect shots. I like his defensive game.

I agree that he should be lighting up rebounds and points, by virtue of this size alone, but I think the staff may be having him focus more on defense. It's all speculation on my part; you could be right that he's somehow regressed or plateaued.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, bcgruber said:

I think Manderson will be available for SC on the 17th...if he made grades

You just had to add that, didn't you ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Guerrero is typically tasked with defending the other team's tallest players. He causes the opposing teams to redirect shots. I like his defensive game.

I agree that he should be lighting up rebounds and points, by virtue of this size alone, but I think the staff may be having him focus more on defense. It's all speculation on my part; you could be right that he's somehow regressed or plateaued.  

I agree with the defense, but he misses a couple of layups/tip-ins every game at the rim. While I would still play him over Santos, I am happier with Santos's progress over the offseason.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

7 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Yup!   BTW...Ruben grew an inch, he's now 7'-1"

I talked to him a month or so ago and he told me he was legit 7' now.  Oh well, when you are that tall not sure how much difference that inch makes.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

You just had to add that, didn't you ...

just that there was much speculation about it and we will finally find out for sure soon.  (If he doesn't play we will know why)  Sure hope he does it will be nice to have a big front line if we need to go with that lineup.. would love to see a front court of santos, Manderson/Rueben, Tullio