• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you increase attendance?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

TWO out of 311,000. They go to football games, home, away, and bowl games. Why would they have any reason what-so-ever to look up a bus schedule?

My point being, they assumed that there was not something already in place at USF. Yeah, it's a great idea...and it already exists. Did you tell them we already had that in place? If your sole connection to USF is attending a Raymond James game on Saturday, it's easy to see why you're not connected to the campus goings-on. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, I graduated back in '94 and have made a ton of trips back to USF....for additional classes, seminars, guest speakers, job fairs, a visit to the bookstore, alumni association meetings and functions, basketball games, baseball games, football spring games. Not overly difficult.

Perhaps not as "Bazinga" as one would believe. Unless, of course, your sole attachment to the alma mater is a football game. Surely that's not the case? :FIREdevil:

Do you live in Florida?  I live out of state and will admit I've gone to campus maybe once or twice in 6-7 years, but get to 1-3 games each year.  My attachment is to USF, but for out of towners it's a time crunch most of the time you fly in and with no family in town it's friends and the game.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89

We have had this discussion before. Time to think outside the box with more promotions.

Every business that rents a luxury box has is put into a drawing for a lunch date with Judy (must be present to win)

Every student that attends is put into a drawing to win a $500 best buy gift card (must be present to win)

Hold classes at Raymond James immediately before or after games

Allow USF student groups to volunteer for shifts at concession stands to raise money for their organizations (only 1 hr at a time so the rest of the time they can stay and watch the game)

Can we somehow work in a Sun Doll promotion?

Do things like this until we can build our own OCS

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

Do you live in Florida?  I live out of state and will admit I've gone to campus maybe once or twice in 6-7 years, but get to 1-3 games each year.  My attachment is to USF, but for out of towners it's a time crunch most of the time you fly in and with no family in town it's friends and the game.

Indeed I do live in Tampa...and there are thousands upon thousands of alumni who live within driving range of USF who - once they graduate - never head back...be it via the Alumni Association or to attend a sporting event (even never filling the lower bowl) let alone RayJ. 

We can't rely on alumni flocking back to the shiny object / OCS  to put USF attendance over the hump. I'm leaning towards the idea that regardless of venue, we may be pegging the meter on season ticket base and attendance. 

Edited by WoolyBully
add paragraph
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, thatBULL said:

I'm sorry, and no offense, but I just cant buy that. You've been back for games 6-21 times but haven't had the time to run out to the campus but maybe twice? That's not a time thing, it's a want to thing ........ This is one of the arguments for the ocs that has never held much water with me.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You've been back for games 6-21 times but haven't had the time to run out to the campus but maybe twice? That's not a time thing, it's a want to thing

This.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89

2 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Buy 2 season ticket, attend all home games, enter the stadium 30 minutes before kickoff, stay for the entire game (check out after the alma mater is played) and win a Viking River Cruise for 2 or a weeks vacation to Disney World for your entire family.

Attend all home and road games and a Sun Doll accompanies you on the vacation if you wish

Edited by PlantainChipsForMe
typo

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I find it humorous someone gave me a negative because there are no plans to build an OCS.  Hahahahahahaha. 

I would encourage any of you to attend the USFAA Board Meetings at the Athletic's Building.  They typically hold three per year that are open to the public.  Harlan usually attends and you can ask the question(s) about an OCS or any topic.  There is no talk about an OCS other than the occasional mention in passing.  It does not make financial sense at this time. 

There are more than 225K USF Alumni in the Tampa Bay area. 

I continue to question our marketing efforts in the Tampa Bay area. 

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, PlantainChipsForMe said:

Attend all home and road games and a Sun Doll accompanies you on the vacation if you wish

Best idea I've seen yet.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, PlantainChipsForMe said:

Or one of the band flag boys, to be more inclusive.