• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Still not sure what I witnessed last night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Skingraft said:

Are we over looking ucf? They have 1 loss as well

Is the team overlooking UCF?  No.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Last night as we walked to our cars, my seat mate and I were b@tching about how we sucked.  His wife and my wife said "you two sound ridiculous.  We beat a ranked team.  Not long ago we were leaving our seats at half time because the losing was intolerable."  Reality check 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

I AM WITH BAUSFKID GO HOUSTON AND GO BEARCATS TODAY

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, Skingraft said:

We called off the dogs and let Navy run out the clock on themselves....  

I don't buy that theory. I don't think you "let" a team score that many points.

I witnessed the most electrifying quarter of USF football full of OMG moments, then in the second half I think Navy slowly wore down our already bad defense and scored at will in the 4th.

The defense hulked up early on though (epic 4th down stop etc.) and the offense played amazing enough to have money in the bank for the inevitable collapse. But football is a team game and the team put more points on the board than the other ranked team :)

It was a good win. I originally thought we would beat Temple and lose to Navy, and it flipped. Unfortunately Temple is in the East though... Anyway, it's not over yet and they get a much needed bye week before Memphis. Hopefully the pieces can come together and Temple remembers they are Temple.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

17 minutes ago, vwlbull said:

Last night as we walked to our cars, my seat mate and I were b@tching about how we sucked.  His wife and my wife said "you two sound ridiculous.  We beat a ranked team.  Not long ago we were leaving our seats at half time because the losing was intolerable."  Reality check 

I feel you on that. This definitely beats the HOLTZ NEW ERA of sad hotdog eating. I think the team is in the cusp of greatness so it is scary to watch the defense sometimes. Like many have said, a halfway mediocre defense would make this team dominate.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Sometimes it all comes down to having the perfect game plan executed against a team. Temple did it to us and then we did it to Navy. We literally put that team where we wanted them, scoring on almost every offensive possession in the first half! That's unreal. If we didn't take the foot off the gas pedal in the 4th on offense and defense that would've been our first complete game.

This.  There was no doubt Temple was executing a well-thought gameplan.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

To an extent, but I'm sure the gameplan wasn't to let Navy score 24 in the 4th. Our secondary is still one of the worst I've ever seen

We had a chance to make a statement game. To bury a ranked opponent on national tv.

Willie was furious on the sideline. He clearly wanted the blow out.

Instead the final score shows we won by just a TD in a game we could have easily put up near 100 and held them to very little if we stayed focused like the first quarter.

Concerns: I still have them.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I feel you on that. This definitely beats the HOLTZ NEW ERA of sad hotdog eating. I think the team is in the cusp of greatness so it is scary to watch the defense sometimes. Like many have said, a halfway mediocre defense would make this team dominate.

That's what makes it maybe even more infuriating. Holtz and Y1-2.5 of Taggart you knew what we were getting. Now we can see greatness and there is just too much preventing the greatness. Continued lack of discipline and a weak defense.

4 false starts on one series? How does that happen?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

18 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

We had a chance to make a statement game. To bury a ranked opponent on national tv.

Willie was furious on the sideline. He clearly wanted the blow out.

Instead the final score shows we won by just a TD in a game we could have easily put up near 100 and held them to very little if we stayed focused like the first quarter.

Concerns: I still have them.

I think cwt has focused so much time and effort on offense, that he has neglected the defense a little. His biggest mistake though was promoting a friend to DC without interviewing other candidates. There are definitely more qualified people out there. Our whole defense needs an overhaul 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Go Cinci, go UConn, beat Temple!