• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

a loss to navy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

would indicate we still have a ways to go to compete with the aac elite

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

would be a huge blow to this season and the team would have no momentum going forward

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, PingBull said:

would be a huge blow to this season and the team would have no momentum going forward

They may lose momentum, but there should still be a lot of motivation to improve on last year's record, match the best-ever regular season record, beat UCF, and win their first bowl game since 2010. 

If they do all of the above, I have to consider this a "successful" season given what we've crawled out of. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

A loss to Navy will not be good for our conference title hopes.  A loss to Navy sadly is the most likely outcome this weekend.  I think its upon the coaching staff to pick up the pieces and put them back together for the next game.  After Navy, I think we have a realistic shot at winning the remaining games on our schedule.  We are still rebuilding, and on our way to success.  I hope there is a big focus on the defensive side of the ball in our recruiting class.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

9 minutes ago, Boomer said:

They may lose momentum, but there should still be a lot of motivation to improve on last year's record, match the best-ever regular season record, beat UCF, and win their first bowl game since 2010. 

If they do all of the above, I have to consider this a "successful" season given what we've crawled out of. 

I disagree, we were 1 game away from being the  CCG title game last year, and were favorites to get there this year. If we don't at least get into the CCG, I consider this year a failure.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

44 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I disagree, we were 1 game away from being the  CCG title game last year, and were favorites to get there this year. If we don't at least get into the CCG, I consider this year a failure.

I don't... because next season looks just as promising..

However, we have to win our bowl game as well...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,498
  • Days Won:  0

If we don't beat Navy, we really don't deserve to be in a conference title game.  We are not a good team on the defensive side of the ball.  The offense over-compensated in the first half of the season.  Now that teams are starting to slow them down, our lack of defense is more noticeable. I think the offense is trying to do too much at this point which as led to some turnovers / fumbles when trying to continue a drive because they feel they have to score every possession.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Smazza = Captain Negative

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, Rizman said:

Smazza = Captain Negative

In this case reality.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Hmmm. I think 'failure' might be a tad harsh. Although USF was picked to make it to the CCG, winning a bowl game this year would be an improvement. I don't think we'll win out, so I doubt we'll see a ten-win-season (just one more thing). Now...if we go 8-4 and lose the bowl game...mirroring last year...then perhaps "failure" might not be that inaccurate.

• Upvote 1