• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls at Temple

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Rhule took us to school.

He watched film, his game plan was on point. He knew our D was already exposed on the run game and he over-exposed it. He saw we were a 10 play offense and stifled us until CWT got desperate and actually had QF throw on 1st down after they were down by 14. Rhule's only mistake was not running it more, especially on the 3rd and 3 near the end of the game.

Terrible discipline. Two terrible 15 yard personal fouls, especially the one that turned a Temple 3rd and 28 or so into a 1st down and the second that negated Adams great return. The a bevy of penalties through the game often at inopportune times. That first one may have been the game.

I am returning to my previous opinion that Recruiter Willie Taggart recruits athletes who can win games despite the play calling of Coach Willie Taggart. CWT still needs to learn to game plan, manage a game and hire and develop coaching talent. He is right where he belongs, he is a couple seasons away from being a big league coach.

Defense was non-existent. O-Line was the ghost-line for most of the game.

The only good thing about today was the Leonard Cohen album that was released. You Want It Darker. Well we got it darker alright.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Rhule took us to school.

He watched film, his game plan was on point. He knew our D was already exposed on the run game and he over-exposed it. He saw we were a 10 play offense and stifled us until CWT got desperate and actually had QF throw on 1st down after they were down by 14. Rhule's only mistake was not running it more, especially on the 3rd and 3 near the end of the game.

Terrible discipline. Two terrible 15 yard personal fouls, especially the one that turned a Temple 3rd and 28 or so into a 1st down and the second that negated Adams great return. The a bevy of penalties through the game often at inopportune times. That first one may have been the game.

I am returning to my previous opinion that Recruiter Willie Taggart recruits athletes who can win games despite the play calling of Coach Willie Taggart. CWT still needs to learn to game plan, manage a game and hire and develop coaching talent. He is right where he belongs, he is a couple seasons away from being a big league coach.

The only good thing about today was the Leonard Cohen album that was released. You Want It Darker. Well we got it darker alright.

Same

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

33 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Rhule took us to school.

You obviously don't know football.  Taggart was named 4th most likely to replace Les Miles by a betting site.

/HEAVY SARC/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JupiterBull said:

You obviously don't know football.  Taggart was named 4th most likely to replace Les Miles by a betting site.

/HEAVY SARC/

That is true. My football knowledge ends with the Atari 2600 football I use as my avatar.
However, the AI for that 2 kilobyte cartridge game can figure out our limited offense and our nonexistent run defense.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

That is true. My football knowledge ends with the Atari 2600 football I use as my avatar.
However, the AI for that 2 kilobyte cartridge game can figure out our limited offense and our nonexistent run defense.

I have to admit, I fell off the wagon a bit tonight.  I have been trying to control my language when we lose/stink it up.  I stopped punching my lap top years ago, but this year, I've curbed the profanity...till tonite.  I dropped a few F bombs and MFs. I'm not proud, and I need to work on that.  But this team is so painful to watch at times.  We're a LONG way from being a top 50 team, sadly.  With an even average D, we win 9-10 games, min.  Now, we're looking at 7-8.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

I have to admit, I fell off the wagon a bit tonight.  I have been trying to control my language when we lose/stink it up.  I stopped punching my lap top years ago, but this year, I've curbed the profanity...till tonite.  I dropped a few F bombs and MFs. I'm not proud, and I need to work on that.  But this team is so painful to watch at times.  We're a LONG way from being a top 50 team, sadly.  With an even average D, we win 9-10 games, min.  Now, we're looking at 7-8.

My enthusiasm for next week has dropped dramatically. I thought Navy would be a tough game, now I see us giving up 50 plus points. No was this defense gives up less than 50 without a major scheme and attitude adjustment. 

2 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

I'm happy to see meltdowns, I'm happy to see people over-react, I'm happy to see people angry. They care, they want us to be better.

It would be sad if we just yawned and said "Oh well, we lost, still get a bowl game." That was last season, we should be angry if we aren't getting continually better. Winning the division is not an unrealistic goal to be demanding. Winning the conference is something we should desire and be upset about not getting. A close to complete team playing a close to complete game is not unreasonable to demand.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

23 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I'm happy to see meltdowns, I'm happy to see people over-react, I'm happy to see people angry. They care, they want us to be better.

It would be sad if we just yawned and said "Oh well, we lost, still get a bowl game." That was last season, we should be angry if we aren't getting continually better. Winning the division is not an unrealistic goal to be demanding. Winning the conference is something we should desire and be upset about not getting. A close to complete team playing a close to complete game is not unreasonable to demand.

I'm still on the bandwagon but we must see appreciable improvement on defense next week and consistently going forward.

CWT has earned a *little* slack to figure this out. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Auggie = most overrated MLB in college football history

Who ever said he was highly rated. He just goes out and plays. I have never heard him spoken of as an All American.