• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBP App

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

There is a monthly monetary cost to have it.  It does not allow enough functionality to make up for the lost advertising dollars if everyone were to convert to it - hence it hasn't been widely announced.  The company that built it is announcing it to you all despite my request to delete the app.  Another reason I don't want to keep it.  If I do keep it, it will be as an added perk for those donating to the site.  Otherwise, it upsets the ability to stay above water.  Just a heads up. 

Kill it. The ads are more intrusive than the ones on the mobile site. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks for feedback.  I haven't accessed the app in about three months....hard to imagine there are ads...if so, they added them.  If I kept it, I would remove all ads and again just provide it as mentioned. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

There is a monthly monetary cost to have it.  It does not allow enough functionality to make up for the lost advertising dollars if everyone were to convert to it - hence it hasn't been widely announced.  The company that built it is announcing it to you all despite my request to delete the app.  Another reason I don't want to keep it.  If I do keep it, it will be as an added perk for those donating to the site.  Otherwise, it upsets the ability to stay above water.  Just a heads up. 

Deleting now, thanks for the transparency. If it's an added cost with less functionality it's not worth it!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Is this different from Tapatalk?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Looks like app will be deleted.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Well, they offer a product to create an app, but in order to do it you have to  be on tapatalk, which as you know, provides them revenue and people can just access tapatalk and not your created app.  Flawed model.  I can 't seem to figure out how it helps us.  I know some like tapatalk, so I've had it out there quietly, but tapatalk does not help with site costs or growth.  It doesn't bring new users.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

I'll delete it and use the website.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

57 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well, they offer a product to create an app, but in order to do it you have to  be on tapatalk, which as you know, provides them revenue and people can just access tapatalk and not your created app.  Flawed model.  I can 't seem to figure out how it helps us.  I know some like tapatalk, so I've had it out there quietly, but tapatalk does not help with site costs or growth.  It doesn't bring new users.

I tried it once and didn't like it, so I use the website

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Back to the web site for me

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Is there a poll we could run on how many use the site via mobile vs via desktop? I'm oddly curious to that distinction.