• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Whatever the excuse was for the non attendance...it looked really bad on television. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

My husband and I sat there the entire game and roasted. We are senior citizens and I want to know where the students were. There were very few students there

Agreed. Pitiful attendance by the students. Not even half full (maybe closer to 1/4 filled). I know we have sucked, but I remember it being impossible to find a seat by the pirate ship in my day ('03-'06). They have to be there plain and simple.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

4 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

Like Miami. Sure. The reason I really think they added it was to make the venue more attractive for future Super Bowl bids. The shading like Miami would be great but I imagine that's a huge cost.

$500 million in renovations to be exact. 

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-hurricanes-ready-to-rock-hard-rock-stadium-20160817-story.html

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

We lost the ONLY game that mattered to most people in the bay area. Season was over and USF was once again resigned to afterthought status after that. The people on this board and a few die hards are the only ones that care about an AAC championship.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Yes, but try and give your tickets away instead of not using them at all. Sometimes not all 6 of the people in our group can attend, but I'll give them away free to coworkers, other friends etc. I've gotten a couple people to buy season tickets by giving them free tickets in previous years. 

I used to give my tickets away to various people when I was not going to be able to attend, but after about 8 times over the years I quit doing that.  Every time I asked how going to the game was, without exception the ticket recipients didn't end up going for some reason or another.

You can't force people to go to a game, but I can't understand why a college football fan wouldn't want to go to see this team play.  RayJay with its end zone plazas and clubs make for a lousy game atmosphere when people are not in their seats, but it is what we have, and this USF team really is worth going to see.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, namuh-bull said:

I used to give my tickets away to various people when I was not going to be able to attend, but after about 8 times over the years I quit doing that.  Every time I asked how going to the game was, without exception the ticket recipients didn't end up going for some reason or another.

You can't force people to go to a game, but I can't understand why a college football fan wouldn't want to go to see this team play.  RayJay with its end zone plazas and clubs make for a lousy game atmosphere when people are not in their seats, but it is what we have, and this USF team really is worth going to see.

Go Bulls!

I agree the end zone plazas and club make the atmosphere lousy. When we do build an on campus stadium the club needs to be smaller and no plazas. We need the fans closer to the action and in their seats. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, SANJAY said:

Maybe CWT is an evil genius and he went to run up the score so the press would have something to write about other than attendance.

This actually makes the most sense of anything I've heard yet

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, bullcocky101 said:

We lost the ONLY game that mattered to most people in the bay area. Season was over and USF was once again resigned to afterthought status after that. The people on this board and a few die hards are the only ones that care about an AAC championship.

This

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89

Think of creative ways to increase attendance people.  How about sometime in the 4th quarter of each game Judy descends from her private box and randomly touches a student. The lucky student then receives free tuition for that senester.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89

How about an increased sponsorship with Publix?  They give away 1,000 subs every game at an official Bulls/Publix tailgate. In return, we adopt a secondary mascot/symbol, The Fightin Publix.