• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Going for the last second touchdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Massbull said:

kneeling at the end of the game is not about showing respect for your opponent. Football is a violent sport and injuries can happen on any play. So it makes 0 sense to run needless xtra plays when you don't need to and expose players to injury. 

For CWT to do that showed a lack of respect for his own players.

if he did it for some revenge motive makes it even worse,

I might have cut him some slack if he did this with his backups.

You make a good point. Looking back at it my issue was not with the passing but with having the starters do it. If that was the back up then I see no issue in getting them practice. But if flowers would have got hurt that would have put people up in arms. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Massbull said:

kneeling at the end of the game is not about showing respect for your opponent. Football is a violent sport and injuries can happen on any play. So it makes 0 sense to run needless xtra plays when you don't need to and expose players to injury. 

For CWT to do that showed a lack of respect for his own players.

if he did it for some revenge motive makes it even worse,

I might have cut him some slack if he did this with his backups.

On the other hand, his quick strike offense has the offense doing fewer than average plays per game, so they should probably be thanking him.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Not quite... FSU got the ball back with 7:05 left in the game. They ran 13 plays to kill the clock. All 13 plays were running plays. Of those 13 runs, 2 were by Francois, 4 by Cook (the last one at about the 2 minute mark), and 7 by Patrick. 

Urm, refresh my memory here. Whom ran all over us and scored multiple TD's against us? FSU scored 6 Running TD's, 1 Passing TD and 2 FG's and yet they were running to run out the clock and not score. Excuse me while I post some signs on some swamp land prime real estate to sell you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, USF_Grouper said:

What do fans have to do with anything? All fan bases wine and talk trash - look at our own message board here. I honestly have never seen anything like this in 15+ years of watching football. If anyone can point to a game where the team could take a knee and run out the clock but instead is heaving it deep I'd love to hear.

I'd like to imagine it had more to do with WIllie trying to build some buzz around his program.. we are 4-1 and have 16k fans showing up to homecoming. I get his frustration...

I can show you a whole season. Great example - a little long, but well worth the watch

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

8 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Not sure what your argument is. You said you never saw a team trying to run up the score by scoring late ?? Do you remember the Cincy at UL game when UL scored 70pts as they ran it up after the Bearcats stomped their UL logo at midfield?? 

I've never seen a team up and had the game in the bag go to hurry up and try to score the last minute vs running the clock. If you turned to that game at the end and didn't know the score you'd have thought USF was desperately trying to come back and win at the end of the game and were losing, not up 2 TDs with 2 pts conversions. I have never seen that. Ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

USF just announced that in response to the criticism, that at the end of the games now Taggart is going to perform a Japanese tea ceremony while the PA plays some choice Enya cuts. Hopefully that will show the proper respect and compassion for our opponents.

Edited by ToroDeFuego
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

If we blow out a team now I expect some kind of funny response the 3 minutes or so of the game. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:38 PM, USF_Grouper said:

Certainly seemed pretty classless.. would love to hear an explanation from Willie. That isn't what we want to be!

What's the difference if Kean was out there?

This country has become do PC and pu%^&ified that everything is an issue to someone some where.

Look at what kind of molestation happened to Rutgers!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1