• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Going for the last second touchdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

The risk wasn't worth the potential reward IMO, but it's nothing to cry about. Would have been a little more understandable if we had our backups in on that last drive, trying to get them a little more experience. If a star player was injured on one of those last few plays, we'd probably all be in agreement that it was idiotic.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

12 minutes ago, Bulls1181 said:

BREAKING: Police have filed assault, battery, ****, and murder charges against the entire Michigan roster for what they did to Rutgers

I retract my statement. 

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

Was ECU still playing?  If they recovered a fumble would they try to run it back for a score, or just down the ball because the were going to lose anyway? Why give less than a full effort?  It looks like we needed some more practice.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

We need game practice!!!

Guest PCBull14
7 minutes ago, namuh-bull said:

Was ECU still playing?  If they recovered a fumble would they try to run it back for a score, or just down the ball because the were going to lose anyway? Why give less than a full effort?  It looks like we needed some more practice.

Go Bulls!

Stop being rational! 

If there is something to complain about, we have proven to find it and create a nasty wound. 

5 minutes ago, namuh-bull said:

Go Bulls!

They had no choice but to keep playing. There's also no guarantee they would have even bothered trying to run back a fumble on the last couple of plays. They may have just run out of bounds or fallen to the ground, unless they has a clear path to the endzone. Again, nothing to cry about, but if Taggart's going to do things like this, at least put Kean and the rest of the backups in there. There have been a few games where I thought we waited too long to pull our starters. Get our 2nd team offense (particularly Kean) some reps.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Again, nothing to cry about, but if Taggart's going to do things like this, at least put Kean and the rest of the backups in there. There have been a few games where I thought we waited too long to pull our starters. Get our 2nd team offense (particularly Kean) some reps.

It's not going to happen unless we are 3-4 TDs ahead.  With that slim a lead in the closing minutes, that's not the time to get your backups reps.

It will be interesting to see if we play like that in the coming weeks.  Something tells me CWT had some kind of beef with crybaby Scotty, but I may have to rethink that if we start having our starters go for the end zone that late with a lead from here on out.

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

It's not going to happen unless we are 3-4 TDs ahead.  With that slim a lead in the closing minutes, that's not the time to get your backups reps.

It will be interesting to see if we play like that in the coming weeks.  Something tells me CWT had some kind of beef with crybaby Scotty, but I may have to rethink that if we start having our starters go for the end zone that late with a lead from here on out.

I think we were safe on that final drive, and if we weren't, why were we still airing it out rather than milking the clock?

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I think we were safe on that final drive, and if we weren't, why were we still airing it out rather than milking the clock?

Get used to it. The way things are in college football and the way USF will be coached. Everyone wanted a winner, no you have one and it still isn't good enough. 

Crazier things have happened.  ECU coming back from 16 down with under a minute left would shock no one. We get up by three scores and the back-ups are in. We had a two score advantage=starters say in. As simple as that, our starters come out late with a three score lead. Its been that way all season so i'm not sure why people are so up in arms lol. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, PCBull14 said:

ECU coming back from 16 down with under a minute left would shock no one.

Call me crazy, but in my book, up 16 with a minute to go counts as a safe enough lead for the backups to come in.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2