• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF and UCF for the East Title?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

If we can't figure out how to stop the run, Navy will destroy us.

Stack the box, play man to man tight coverage.  If they beat us with that defense scheme so be it, just don't play on our heels and 10 feet off the receivers or we may lose a close game.  Oh yea and stone the running backs, no arm tackling 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Bullinchinashop said:

Stack the box, play man to man tight coverage.  If they beat us with that defense scheme so be it, just don't play on our heels and 10 feet off the receivers or we may lose a close game.  Oh yea and stone the running backs, no arm tackling 

I think one of our main weaknesses is that we are undersized to stop the run. I agree though with you, stack the box and make them pass to beat you. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah Killins is a kid I wish we could have landed. Other than that, stats bear out USF has the better ground game sitting at 15th in YPG and 2nd or 3rd in total Rush TD.  UCF is up on those lists but not as high.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

18 minutes ago, Capital H said:

Yeah Killins is a kid I wish we could have landed. Other than that, stats bear out USF has the better ground game sitting at 15th in YPG and 2nd or 3rd in total Rush TD.  UCF is up on those lists but not as high.

UCF is also high up on that list because their passing game is below average. We are definitely putting up more yards in the air. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

I am jealous of the SPEED of UCF turnaround... 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

8 hours ago, ambienknights said:

Adrian Killins hitting a home run is no fluke, he's that good. The defense is the real deal was well

Killins is the real deal.  His 80+ yd TD v Michigan was pure, raw speed, and I've seen him make some blistering runs.  Not sure why he disappears for long periods...maybe play calling/coaching.

Holman has the physical tools, but reminds me of a lesser PJ Brown (Temple).  Just wildly streaky.  Milton is good, but young/raw.  Trail at UC did well, till we got pressure on him...then he wilted.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, JupiterBull said:

Killins is the real deal.  His 80+ yd TD v Michigan was pure, raw speed, and I've seen him make some blistering runs.  Not sure why he disappears for long periods...maybe play calling/coaching.

Holman has the physical tools, but reminds me of a lesser PJ Brown (Temple).  Just wildly streaky.  Milton is good, but young/raw.  Trail at UC did well, till we got pressure on him...then he wilted.

Their defense has been hugely surprising (sans Michigan.) The running game is turning into their bread and butter, much like us. It's crazy how much faster Florida athletes are compared to other regions. QB play is going to show how far they can go this season, but they are gaining a ton of confidence. 

6 hours ago, ECUshoein said:

Mack is very good.  Their running game is superior in quality and depth though.  They have 4 rbs that could start.  Killins is one of the fastest in-play runners I have ever seen.  

let's dial it back a tad.  Start for UCF, yes, I suppose.  But Mack is a proven 1000 yard rusher, and D Johnson is an excellent running & receiving back.  Killins is good, but if I had to choose a set of backs, I'd take USF's without hesitation.

4 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I was giving UCF the benefit of the doubt. Neither of us have played a hard schedule, but ours has been harder than UCF. 

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

I think it's a bit too close to call. Our FCS team was better; their OOC had Michigan (brutal), we had FSU (tough, but not Top 5); Cuse & Maryland are likely toss ups (but we smoked Cuse; UCF lost to MD...this is the key W-L difference);  they had FIU, we had NIU (our advantage); we beat Cincy, they beat ECU (too early to tell, but Cincy was 3-1, and played Houston tight till late in the 3rd).

So, it's close enough to argue, and too early for it to matter.

Edited by JupiterBull
typo
  • Upvote 2

To our UCF buds, I've seen a few Tweets, FWIW, that Oregon may look to try to lure Frost back to Oregon, given the 2-3 struggle and a huge drop off in spark this year.

It's early, and it's likely internet shotgunning...but what are your thoughts?