• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mack Brown nailed it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Please tell me this was a joke and not some lame-ass, limp wrist serious post.  

I'd prefer to take a home against a team we have a chance to lose by less than 2 TDs against. This series wasnt close besides the first game. I wouldn't want a 2 for 1 with Alabama right now for the same reason, there's zero benefit for us to lose by 30 each game. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  186
  • Days Won:  0

I'd rather lose to a perennial top 25 team than destroy another creampuff.  You don't learn anything by beating on crappy competition.  You want to get better you gotta take your lumps fighting the big boys and make small steps.  I'd love to play more big teams.  The excitement and exposure alone is worth it.  I think it also helps recruiting.

• Upvote 3

There's a difference between a perennial top 25 team and a perennial top 5 team. Sorry, I'd prefer not to schedule a series with FSU, Bama, LSU, Stanford, etc when we can still have high profile winnable series with teams like Texas, Miami,  UCLA, and Tennessee. Just to name a few. The former group of team requires a real fluke and timing to get on a good day. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610

On 9/25/2016 at 0:52 AM, The Great 8 said:

There's a difference between a perennial top 25 team and a perennial top 5 team. Sorry, I'd prefer not to schedule a series with FSU, Bama, LSU, Stanford, etc when we can still have high profile winnable series with teams like Texas, Miami,  UCLA, and Tennessee. Just to name a few. The former group of team requires a real fluke and timing to get on a good day. 

Wish I can upvote this by ten. FSU has a top five (maybe even three) recruiting class since CJF has taken over. This was also the first real competition we faced this year. We got boat-raced and that's okay. So many other programs in CFB have had that happen to them by this same squad. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:39 PM, The Great 8 said:

You think today helped us in some way? Have any of the 3 since our win helped us in any way? 

63234733.jpg

1 minute ago, Paisa el Toro said:

63234733.jpg

I simply contend it should be done in steps. Miami, for instance, is also better than us. We could probably win ~40% of the games in the next 5 years too if we were to sign a series. Hell, we'd sometimes beat UF in a series too. That'd be progress. We'd probably drop an 0-fer against FSU in the same span. This is why Georgia Tech is the perfect series. Their perception is they're better than us, but the games are winnable based on the past few years and future projection. 

But, I digress.. people think scheduling the best and then getting your head bashed with a steel chair is a good thing, apparently... you're free to have a wrong opinion ;-).

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

I simply contend it should be done in steps. Miami, for instance, is also better than us. We could probably win ~40% of the games in the next 5 years too if we were to sign a series. Hell, we'd sometimes beat UF in a series too. That'd be progress. We'd probably drop an 0-fer against FSU in the same span. This is why Georgia Tech is the perfect series. Their perception is they're better than us, but the games are winnable based on the past few years and future projection. 

But, I digress.. people think scheduling the best and then getting your head bashed with a steel chair is a good thing, apparently... you're free to have a wrong opinion ;-).

Look at how Miami and fsu got to be big time. They were nobodies until they started an anybody anytime scheduling routine. They went on the road and played the best teams in the nation. They won some of those games and the fan base, recruits, and the nation took notice. The rest is history. Beating creampuffs is going to net us the same 30k butts In the seats and a ho hum reputation nationally. Gotta prove you deserve to be noticed.

Edited by bullcocky101

4 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

Look at how Miami and fsu got to be big time. They were nobodies until they started an anybody anytime scheduling routine. They went on the road and played the best teams in the nation. They won some of those games and the fan base, recruits, and the nation took notice. The rest is history. Beating creampuffs is going to net us the same 30k butts In the seats and a ho hum reputation nationally. Gotta prove you deserve to be noticed.

Why do people think only BEST and CREAM PUFFS. There's a huge middle ground. A huge difference is Miami and FSU *won* some of those games and not by flukes like catching the opponent in seasons their head coaches were fired (our wins vs FSU and Miami). Losing by 30 does nothing for us. Let's incrementally improve by beating teams like Georgia Tech and Auburn, not just jump to FSU and Alabama then get our teeth knocked out.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not a big fan of this shrinking violet thread at all.  It's not like we're national championship contenders here.  Saturday was a good test and we beat the **** out of FSU on the first two offensive drives we had.  They were worried.  We just didn't adjust appropriately to stop their running game.

I guarantee you the players on our team would read this thread with sheer disgust.  Those guys would play Alabama right now if they could.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I think we could play with most teams if we had a really superior OC and DC..but we don't so games vs the top teams comes down to catching them off guard which wasn't going to happen after that Louisville loss.

This Cincy game is big, we really need to win this game.