• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF in the polls - Week 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Highest AP ranked Big 12 team: Baylor at #16, followed by 2-1 Texas at #21.

Ooph.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

we have 5 horrific past years, and then with the last half season, and the start of this season, we have barely put together a good, complete season yet

It's all good, the LAST thing USF needs is excessive, distracting hype at this point telling us we are better than we actually are. 

How we are doing on the field, tells us how good we are :-)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

50 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

we have 5 horrific past years, and then with the last half season, and the start of this season, we have barely put together a good, complete season yet

It's all good, the LAST thing USF needs is excessive, distracting hype at this point telling us we are better than we actually are. 

How we are doing on the field, tells us how good we are :-)

Yeah I can agree with that. Let's keep the distractions at the door and keep doing what we're doing. A loss to FSU doesn't mean the season is a failure either. So much to play for; we are the only team in the East that is undefeated.

• Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I have no clue why people are whining about Miami, Florida, (both undefeated) and San Diego State (13 straight wins, and have their 'P5' win), when you have Ole Miss ranked, who lost 45-38 to a clearly overrated FSU team, lost to Bama, and beat mighty Wofford 38-13. THEY HAVENT BEAT A FRIGGIN FBS TEAM 3 WEEKS IN.

I also have a huge problem with Oklahoma being ranked, when neither of their losses have even been close!! Their one win was vs Louisiana Monroe. Give me a frickin break. That is the kind of garbage that makes me want to not watch college ball anymore.

It isn't about being biased for USF, but there are other teams that are more deserving as well

Edited by NavyUSFGuy
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I have no clue why people are whining about Miami, Florida, (both undefeated) and San Diego State (13 straight wins, and have their 'P5' win), when you have Ole Miss ranked, who lost 45-38 to a clearly overrated FSU team, lost to Bama, and beat mighty Wofford 38-13. THEY HAVENT BEAT A FRIGGIN FBS TEAM 3 WEEKS IN.

I also have a huge problem with Oklahoma being ranked, when neither of their losses have even been close!! Their one win was vs Louisiana Monroe. Give me a frickin break. That is the kind of garbage that makes me want to not watch college ball anymore.

It isn't about being biased for USF, but there are other teams that are more deserving as well

Yeah it's kind of a joke sometimes. Just because they started the year #11 doesn't mean they deserve to stay ranked cause of two rough losses. I hate the whole "moving up and down" jargon. Some writers (actually Joey is decent at this) start anew every week with the knowledge they have. Ole Piss and okla should be out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

No one is deserving. It's week three.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

No one is deserving. It's week three.

There are plenty of deserving teams.....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

There are plenty of deserving teams.....

And a team with wins over a 1-2 FCS team, an 0-3 MAC team, and a 1-2 ACC team that's likely the worst in the conference is one of those 25?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700
  • Days Won:  7

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And a team with wins over a 1-2 FCS team, an 0-3 MAC team, and a 1-2 ACC team that's likely the worst in the conference is one of those 25?

Scoring margins. We aren't just beating those teams, we are beating them as we should and as a Top 25 team would. Plus, as someone else mentioned, we are like the 6th highest scoring team in the country? If we beat teams by a FG or even just by a TD, I would then agree that we've not proven anything. We have won our easier games and haven't lost many over the past 14 games or so. This team passes the eye test. I'll eat my words if we can't move the ball more than 10 yards vs FSU and have the score run up on us. I think we are better than we as fans are comfortable allowing ourselves to accept yet.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Just win, the rankings will follow.

The goal is getting to conference championship not getting ranked. But getting to conference championship game means we most likely will be ranked in the 15-25 range.

That's my take on getting ranked.

Edited by Bulls On Parade